Beetle Gear vs. Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beetle Gear vs. Chain

I've personally never really known the full effects of DEF (played casters most of my FFXI time). Area a few more DEF actually worth it? I'm a 25 Warrior at the moment and I have almost full +1 Beetle gear (the exception being the neck, which is Spike Necklace). I went to buy Chainmail and I realized that some of it isn't even that much of an upgrade, if one at all.

The boots and hands are not even an upgrade at all unless I buy the +1, and that's only 1 DEF difference but I'd be losing +1 EVA in the process. So that's where the question of how much does some minute extra DEF matter. I plan on buying the body piece when it gets in the AH. I may even buy the +1 considering I'll be selling back the Beetle which will probably pay for at least half of the +1 Chain. The head piece I also wasn't sure on. The Chain headpiece is only one DEF more (2 if I buy +1), but again, I'd be losing the +1 EVA. The pants I had a little trouble on deciding. The pants are a clear upgrade in DEF, but I also noticed the Kingdom Trousers up, which have 2 DEF less than the normal Chain but have +1 VIT and +3 EVA. The Chain waist also wasn't an upgarde unless I bought the +1 and it would only be 1 DEF, but I'd lose 2 STR and VIT.

So my question is this: How much does a few extra DEF matter and what is your recomendation on this gear. Realize I am now lvl 25. Also, recommend gear up to 30 if you don't mind. I'll be stopping then and leveling up THF and RNG for my soon to be main SAM. Thanks!

Weapon: Battle Axe / Neckchopper
    Shield: Decurion's Shield
    Head: Beetle +1
    Body: Beetle +1
    Hands: Beetle +1 / Ryl Footman (+3 ATK)
    Legs: Beetle +1
    Feet: Beetle +1
    Waist: Brave Belt
    Neck: Spike Necklace
    Back: Dhamel Mantle +1
    Earrings: Beetle Earring x2 / Shield Earring x2
    Rings: Stamina x2 / Courage Rings x2
    Last edited by lufia22; 07-03-2006, 10:20 AM.
    ---

Re: Beetle Gear vs. Chain

The other concern is are the few def points worth the loss of the Evasion boost from the Beetle +1?

One point of DEF negates one point of ATK and one point of EVA negates 1 point of ACC I believe....

Comment

Working...
    X