Hmm... to buy, or to level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... to buy, or to level?

Well, recently hit 43, and I have a choice. I can either take some time to stop and make gil, buy a Luisant Haubert, and be set (in body peices, anyway) until 75. Luisant, sell at 59 and buy Hauby, profit a few hundred k while i'm at it, and repeat with Hauberk at 69.

Or, since Luisant isn't as needed as Hauby, I can keep going until 59 and buy that then.

Of course, all that time would get me some money farming while LFG, not to mention farming would be quicker and easier. Although, i'm also making a killer profit on cooking.

So basically, what would you do? As soon as I buy Luisant or Hauby, i'd be set in body armor until 75.

I'm just having a hard time to decide to wait until 60, or go for it now. I realize it's open, but I would like to hear some opinions on it.

Re: Hmm... to buy, or to level?

I'm a completionist and perfectionist, so I would buy Luisant, sell at 59, then buy hauby. But it isn't my 12.95 you're paying to play.
    BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
    Cooking83
    Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

The Luisant is very nice. If you think you can really get it in a reasonable amount of time, then I say go for it.

Comment

If you're like me, I'd say buy it. Whenever I get low on money, I get compelled to farm/craft/fish until I'm up to at least 1m. But after I hit 1m, I don't concentrate on making money.
        Generic Info!

Comment

Luisant is good, but so not worth the price (especially since WAR gets Aggressor at 45.) If you can get it relatively quickly and painlessly, by all means, go ahead. If not, I'd skip it altogether and slowly build up the money for Haubergeon. I mean, seriously, a net gain of 3 Acc (not 4 because Brigandine has 2 DEX as well,) 4 Attack (STR factored in) and 2 STR shouldn't make an incredible difference, yet it's so incredibly expensive.

Comment

but so not worth the price
            I considered this, but the fact that it will also pay for Hauby is what is making me want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba
              I considered this, but the fact that it will also pay for Hauby is what is making me want it.
              That's how I look at things too. My LS thought I was crazy for spending nearly ever gil I had on some Leaping Boots (since camping makes me want to kill myself and I'm not of a level to BCNM them yet), but since I know I can just sell them in a few levels and buy some Winged Boots for the same price, I saw it as an investment.

Comment

if it sells at the same price as hauby then it wasn't a bad choice I guess. I didn't get it tho, i went straight to hauby.

Hauberageon level 59 is nice to keep around for when you play other jobs too. After I sold mine and buy hauberk, I suddenly wanted to play Sam lol. Hauberageon can also be used by more jobs like Ninja too. Quite a good gear to swap in for Jin.
                There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I would save my gil and not bother with a luisant. At level 45, the stats aren't really going to make much of a difference for the price. It may pay for your hauby when you hit 59, but you will also need your gil to pay for your axes, great ax, RK breeches, walkure mask, and ACC rings.
                  San'dorian Rank 10
                  SAM-75 WAR-74 DRK-62 THF-37 RNG-37 NIN-37

Comment

I skipped the luisant and went with a Brig +1 as I can use it for both War anf Thf. When they both get 55 I'll sell that for an HQ peti and buy some other things i need as well. But when War gets to 59 I get my haub and when I get to 69 I'll buy a Hauberk while keeping my Hauby as I intend to lvl Sam, Drk and Nin too. Plus there's always capped fights and the like.

My suggestion, ignore the Luisant stuff for now as you can get to 55 relativly easy. At that lvl you get a LOT of comparitively good gear for much less gil.

And to the person wanting to buy Winged Boots, don't bother. Leaping boots are better because they're such a low lvl equip, winged boots are not woth the price as they only add def.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

but you will also need your gil to pay for your axes, great ax, RK breeches, walkure mask, and ACC rings.
                      If I upgrade to Sniper's Rings (I can borrow a NIN friend's,though. same who lets me use emp.pin and l.boots) and Walkure mask, that's nearly the same cost as a Haubergeon.

I think i'm gonna use Brigidine to 55, consider peti, then either buy it, or just go to 57 and use my friend's SH, and after that buy a hauby.

Thanks for making me think of ACC rings though, I had been using a +STR ring and a Venerer, but you just reminded me I have a lv73 NIN to loot for eq :p

Comment

Working...
                      X