Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to stop missing so much... >< (WAR33)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to stop missing so much... >< (WAR33)

(I apologize in advance if this question for this level has already been posted, but I couldn't find anything in search.)

I was hoping I could get some advice. I'm a lvl 33 war/mnk, in Garlaige Citadel, and I'm missing at least 50% of my hits. When you're swinging a great axe, that's just downright embarrassing.

Here's my set-up:
    Centurion's axe - (capped)
    Eisen armor
    Royal Squire's Mufflers
    Spike necklace
    Beetle +1 earrings x 2
    Balance rings x 2
    Warrior's Belt +1
    Wolf Mantle +1
    Meat Mithkabobs

What can I do to improve my accuracy? I feel like a leech on the pt when I miss that much. :/

Re: I'd like to stop missing so much... &gt;&lt; (WAR33)

Shikaree Ring and/or Archer's Rings (or Bowyer Ring if you can get it) would help a bit. How's your RSE compare to the Eisen pieces?
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Sushi is you friend, ditch the meat.
      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
      Woodworking 91.9+2
      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I agree with Aeolus, if you feel you are missing to much then switch to sushi. The question you have to ask yourself though is are you gaining enough tp to sc with your sc partner (if you are doing an sc that is). Not only that but remember with a great axe you just flat dont swing as often as some others. I carry two food with me when i go out as war sushi and kaboobs, i would recomend the same to all wars.

RNG67 BRD66 THF55 NIN35 WHM31 RDM35 WAR24 PLD30

Comment

Ditch Garlaige. Fight mobs more in the 38-40 range than the 40-43 range

Comment

Most likely the problem is not you, but the party's choice of monsters. 33 is pretty low to almost everything in Garlaige and there's really not much you can do about it (other than go somewhere else for another level or two). A bard or corsair would help.

If you fight beetles, you MUST have a dispeller (rdm 32+ or bard 33+). Their eva boost move is crazy and nobody will be able to hit an IT beetle with it on.

Subbing THF will guarantee you a few hits, though. And some wickedly powerful WS with a great axe.

Don't take the advice of the above poster and use sushi. At that level, a party that's relying on sushi to hit will (a) still miss a lot, because sushi's acc bonus is small at low levels and (b) hit weakly, especially on high def mobs like beetles, and as a result will kill PAINFULLY slowly. Find a better party setup or monsters closer to your level. Sushi has its place, but the 30s are not it.

Especially beware of parties where you are 2 (or more!) levels below the highest level member of the party. Any DD is gimped in this situation.

And finally... whatever you do, don't expect to ever have good accuracy on a monster worth 200 exp before chain bonus. Nobody does. Just don't fight monsters that far above your level. Remember, 2 mobs worth 120 exp each is more exp than one worth 200 that takes just as long to kill. Killing more monsters faster is the secret to great exp.

P.S. Your gear is fine, except for the balance rings. Replace them with STR. DEX doesn't have enough useful effect except for THF. Although I do agree with Ellipses's suggestion to take a look at your RSE, several races have at least one nice +STR piece. What race are you?
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

33 isnt low for garliage, You can get 200exp of the bats non chained. Only reason 33 could be too low would be idiot party members but that wouldnt affect his acc.
              Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

33 isnt low for garliage, You can get 200exp of the bats non chained. Only reason 33 could be too low would be idiot party members but that wouldnt affect his acc.

"OMG! 200EXP! SUCH GOOD XP LOL!" *five minutes later* "YAY! 200EXP! GOOD EXP WOOT"

seriously. Think about that.

Anyway, I highly recommend Eastern Altepa, the mobs there are more your level, so you'll get better chains, and have fewer ACC problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                  Yeah, but how long will each fight take, and how much time will they have to wait between each bat?

Comment

No downtime and fights can chain to 5 easy so not long.
                    Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Thanks for the great replies.

I've never been able to get a pt in E. Altepa yet (yes, I have the gate crystal)... I'll have to see what I can do about that. Anything's gotta be better than Garlaige. :/

My RSE stats:

Custom Vest
                      (Body) Hume Female
                      DEF: 18 HP +32 VIT +3 INT -1 CHR +1

Custom F Gloves
                      (Hands) Hume Female
                      DEF: 6 HP +12 MP +4 STR +3 DEX +3 VIT -1
                      AGI -1

Custom Pants
                      (Legs) Hume Female
                      DEF: 12 MP +32 STR -1 MND +3 CHR +1

Custom F Boots
                      (Feet) Hume Female
                      DEF: 5 HP +4 MP +12 DEX -1 AGI +3 INT +3
                      MND -1

Looks like maybe the gloves would be good for my warrior?
                      Last edited by Arwenne; 06-15-2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

The Custom F Gloves are pretty good as they give you +1 Acc from that 3Dex and if youve got an uneven number of +Dex adding that 3 on will give you +2 Acc not to mention that nice +3 Str but if your still not hitting when eating sushi youll want to keep Royal Squires Mufflers seens as they have +3 Acc I think, if its only +2 then go with the Custom F Gloves.
                        Woodworking 91.9+2

Comment

Only reason 33 could be too low would be idiot party members but that wouldnt affect his acc.
                          Potentially, idiot party members could have an affect on his acc.

Was there a BLM in the pt? If so, was he casting Frost on the mob (and making sure it sticks)? Frost lowers the mob's AGI, so all the melees will have better acc.

Was there a RDM in the pt? If so, was he casting Gravity on the mob? Gravity directly lowers the mob's evasion.

If you want to raise everyone's acc, you can try switching your WS to Shield Break. If you're currently part of the SC, you may have to do some talking to convince the rest of your pt that Shield Break is worth changing up the SC. The -evasion Shield Break gives is huge, something on the order of either -20 or -40 evasion to the mob. How much gil would you have to spend to get similar +acc? Keep in mind that all melees will benefit from this (including the cash strapped ones who haven't been able to invest in that pricy +acc gear).
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I would definitely give the Custom Gloves a shot. They're a popular choice with most of the Hume melee I've seen around that level range.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                              No downtime and fights can chain to 5 easy so not long.
                              Well, that depends on the party setup, and how many other parties there are there. I'd vote for going somewhere else just based on the fact that Garlaige is a ridiculously popular leveling spot alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X