new warrior lvl 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new warrior lvl 12

hey guys, at some point i am thinking of a subjob, i really like the look of the samurai but i also wanna heal, so i was thinkin of just goin war/whm

your thoughts?

Re: new warrior lvl 12

Unfortunately, the people in this game don't take kindly to non "standard" job/subjob combinations. For warrior people mostly want Monk or Thf subjobs at the beginning, and then Ninja later on.
    However, what people want has nothing to do with what your subjob is when you're by yourself. Personally, I I always sub White Mage when I'm soloing, but when it comes down to joining a party, I'll go with something that's acceptable.

Comment

MNK is your best option at this point. WAR/MNK from 18-30, WAR/THF after that, and then WAR/NIN at 50+.

Now, a lot of people will expect you to sub NIN from 22 on, but that's not as great an idea as they think it is. WAR/MNK, seriously. I can't stress that enough.

WAR/WHM isn't really a great combo at all. Maybe solo during your first few levels, but for party play it has little to no real benefit.

Comment

Well, let me make two things clear before I go on:
        1) Not all sub jobs are equal. Sub jobs are entirely situational. Some are extremely useful in a great deal of situations. Some are extremely useful in a few rare situations. Some just aren't useful at all. Some work great for a lot of levels, and some only work for a few levels.
        2) What works well in parties usually doesn't work well solo, and what works well solo usually doesn't work well in parties.

WAR/WHM works well when soloing. Like Aelathir said, though, your best bet right now is WAR/MNK until 30 when you're in EXP parties. At 30+ WAR/THF becomes very useful, and WAR/NIN becomes an option as well. WAR/MNK is a good solo tank, WAR/NIN is a great duo tank (especially with another WAR/NIN,) and WAR/THF is great for DDing.

Comment

so i was thinkin of just goin war/whm

your thoughts?
          Baby Jesus is crying.
          WAR57 THF43 BRD38 NIN36 MNK32 BST32 RNG31 DRK28 BLU43 WHM23 RDM19 SMN19 BLM18 DRG12 SAM13

Say gay or homo one more time and you're gonna aggro the back of my hand.

Comment

later warrior is one of the very worst at soloing. horrible evasion, and even with current marksmanship skill (for bloody bolts) and ninja subjob, there are very few mobs that warrior can solo. want to solo easy prey later on? plan on losing more xp than it is worth, even with the best gear in the game.
            Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
            Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Don't limit yourself to having only one subjob leveled and ready. Like previous posters have mentioned, subjob use is very situational.

WHM sub is very useful 50+ (not in exp pties, but other things like questing, skill ups, coffer hunts). To make WHM sub work, you need to invest in a lot of pricy +MP gear. If this is your first time playing, then it's highly unlikely you'll be able to afford that gear. Perhaps by the time you get up to 50+, you'll have an income source and be able to equip yourself to use a WHM sub more effectively.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

i would say the pld it can heal and fight like a war give def and atk boosts too

Comment

yea i think i may go pld/war

Comment

yeah.. in rpg's most people are stat whores... so jack of all trades type job combos dont really fair too well. if you have a sub-par DD and a sub-par healer as a war/whm... most people will consider a war/nin and a whm/whatever over you anytime in party situations.

pld/war tank much haha. war/nin rox my sox

Comment

Working...
                    X