Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got lectured -__-;

@OP

A lecture may have been out of line. But maybe more of a strong suggestion that you do not sub PLD. I'm sure its been said over and over before in this thread already why its a bad sub. One tip, is to sit in your MH switching from sub to sub. Take a look at your Equip screen, look at your Stats go up and down. Look at your Job Abilities and Job Traits for each combo. I'll tell you /pld does not increase your defense as much to be worth sacrificing your potential.

When choosing subs, you should look at the benefits and each sub gives you and balance one over the other when taking a party invite for certain parties.

/nin is great for tanking fast damage-dealing parties, as you will get hit less, still deal more dmg using off-handed stats, and cost the WHM less MP. (Yes you still have defender regardless of sub.)

/thf may not add any notable defense or agility for any main, but the DMG is still great, and if you happen to lose hate, a quick SA+WS from behind will lock it back onto you.(This idea works for low lvl parties with high high healing power.)

/mnk probably works alright till 40. This gives you more useful stats/abilities than pld could ever give you.

Now im' not sure of the difference between a lecture or strong suggestion lol.

*edit* i'm not advocating subbing thf or mnk to tank around 40, i'm merely expressing how these would be better than subbing pld. Subbing drk and sam are and should be just as irrelevant as subbing pld.
    Last edited by Hearshot; 08-21-2006, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Re: I got lectured -__-;

Originally posted by Wertyone
      Back to Norg fame.

If you are from Windy, Giddus is, in my opinon, the clear choice. Outpost warp makes it easy travel and if you get a return ring the trip home is very fast. Just return ring warp to the outpost and outpost warp to Port Windy. The gil you get from turning in the necklaces pays for the warps.

Also there are 3 NM's in Giddus that you can check on while you farm.
      1. Each Return Ring has a /recast timer 24 hours (in real life).
      2. You can Outpost Teleport to Windurst if and only if your nationality is Windurst.
      3. The Outpost NPC that locate at the zone outside your hometown (of your own nation) does not offer teleport service.
      Server: Quetzalcoatl
      Race: Hume Rank 7
      75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Working...
      X