This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axe/sword question

Okay, I have BST75, and I'm able to merit both Axe and Sword. I want to level up WAR, and I will be doing WAR/THF til at least 50 and using Gaxe exclusively. However, once I get rampage, I'll be switching to axe/sword most likely, while keeping Gaxe capped of course. I want to do axe/sword because of blood sword, Ifrit's blade, and hopefully joytoy when I get there.

My question is, since WAR has an A- in axe and B in sword, should I fully merit sword and put 4 into axe, or the other way around? I still haven't gotten my earring yet, so I get Beatly earring to get axe skill+5 or Supp. earring for sword skill +5. I already put three levels into axe, or 6 merit points total, and none in sword at this point.

I would just like to know what seasoned WAR's think. Thanks!

Re: Axe/sword question

I'd say go 4 Axe/8 Sword merits, and Suppanomimi. You really want to up Joyeuse's accuracy for max TP gain. Well, even if you ignore the "occasionally attacks twice," you need to keep your off-hand's Accuracy on par with your main hand's, or you're just slowing your main hand down. Suppa is definetely better for WAR/NIN because of the extra Delay reduction, too.

Mind you, my WAR is 45, so take that as you will; it's just what seems most logical to me.

Comment

Yeah, Armando pretty much hit the nail on the head.

The Leader. The Legend. The Playboy.

Comment

Suppa is definetely better for WAR/NIN because of the extra Delay reduction, too.
        Suppanomimi also has Sword Skill +5.

Comment

Hence the word "too." ;3

Comment

I still don't see the part where you mentioned the sword skill at all. :3

Comment

He didn't have to. Alagasta mentioned it in the original post. It was something he already knew about and was taking into consideration.
              I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

orz, I did not see that, for I am retarded.

Comment

Working...
                X