This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuracy boosting equipment?

Hey, new to being a WAR (Lvl 10) after starting off as a THF 6 months ago, so I've just recently gotten back into the swing of things in FFXI.

Anyways, I purchased a Claymore (Great Sword) and love the damage and can deal with the delay, however I was wondering if there were any Accuracy boosting equipment early on at around Lvl 10-12 so I can land more hits. Like I said, the delay I can deal with since the damage done is awesome....but missing a GIANT ORC is downright infuriating.....

Thanks!

Re: Accuracy boosting equipment?

War has a A+ in Great Axe and a B+ in Great Sword (link).

I hate to tell you that you made a bad purchase, but if WAR is like DRK, SAM, and MNK for accuracy... then I would worry if you needed too much +ACC before ~lvl50.

Because you have a higher skill in Great Axe, you should hit more with it. I would not worry about the +ACC right now, its always fairly expensive. I'm not sure what weapons have +ACC on them for WAR either.

Maybe some other Wars could chime in.
    66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
    Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
    01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
    01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
    O)
    01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Originally posted by AngryUndead
      War has a A+ in Great Axe and a B+ in Great Sword (link).
      Yeah unfortunitly alot of people make the mistake of buying a great sword cause its cool and stuff. but in reality use regular axes and g. axes; try to use them both as much as possible. my war is 50 with a capped axe skill but i've slacked on g. axe and now i'm trying to skill it up but haha thats funny. My suggestion take war to 30 subbing thf or mnk then get nin. some suggest not to really use nin for war till 50 cause of the Dual Wield II but I used nin till 30 then subbed thf for a bit for Sneak Attack - Sturmwind.

If you want to use a G. Sword my suggestion play drk if thats your goal to play a drk and now take War all the way thats cool. but you will get better damage output with any axe.

Dual Wield Viking axes + life belt = drools and pains in the wallet lmao. Now to get my Hauby
      Last edited by drecan; 05-11-2006, 07:28 AM.

62THF, 51WAR, 36NIN, 31BLU, 19SAM
      I am the taru that doesn't like any mage class; only brute strength comes from my heart and soul.
      Rank 6
      CoP Mission: The Lost City
      Zilart mission #4

Comment

Your \ should be a /... thats why your quote didn't work.

In any case, I prefer MNK as a sub for WAR just because. I don't think at level 10-30 you're really going to be worrying enough about your ACC. Mobs will also evade 5% of your attacks no matter what. My MNK has missed level 4 Crawlers before.

Also, that miss rate in some ways keeps you safe from drawing hate and such. Thats no help if you're tanking, but otherwise you'd be doing too much damage. Trust me, later you won't want to tank.

So just keep it up and it'll get better and more gear will come in to your hands later.
        Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
        O)

Comment

at level 10, that GS is not going to be that much different than an axe or GA. Just make sure you cap your GS skill and you should be fine. If it really urks you, then try eating some Jack-o-lanterns or Rice Dumplings.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

@neighbortaru: yea, the difference between GS and GA at that level was negligible, a WAR75 friend just pointed that out... but I was hoping to avoid the food issue. Jack'o'Lanterns can be expensive, especially that early and I never tried rice dumplings (though I hear they're awesome for SAM) so I don't know what the cost is.

I was just trying to convey the idea that +ACC at that level probably is too high a cost to pay. Especially for that first job.
            Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
            O)

Comment

Very true about the hate part but meh it doesn't really bother me lol. I'm the type to use berserk do weapon skill then take off berserk and throw up a defender real quick for thos just in case moments. But tanking I've never had a problem with doing it. (See first post in journal.) When I play war i always have 2 sets of gear on me just in case i have to play tank for a bit. Man I love NPC storage lol.

62THF, 51WAR, 36NIN, 31BLU, 19SAM
              I am the taru that doesn't like any mage class; only brute strength comes from my heart and soul.
              Rank 6
              CoP Mission: The Lost City
              Zilart mission #4

Comment

1) Use Great Axe. Skill levels aside, most other weapons pale in comparison just because Great Axe DMG and WS are that good.
                2) Use Shield Break at the beginning of fights. It gives the mob -40 Evasion. That's all the accuracy you'll need.
                3) If you're REALLY desperate, eat Rice Dumplings. However, they're expensive, Shield Break should cover all your Accuracy needs, and you'd get more +Attack out of Meat Jerky. Just, please, eat +Attack food.

That's the only advice I can give you, other than partying with BRDs and getting Madrigal.

Comment

Optical earring lvl 10 ACC+1
                  Dropped off a sapling nm in Gustaburg on the way to Pal Mines. Hope that helps a lil.
                  Havokmage/Hume/Male/Asura

{ 54 BLM - 27 WHM - 20 SMN - 25 THF - 28 SAM - 37 WAR - 16 NIN - 10 RNG - 17 MNK - 9 BST }

Comment

To the OP:

There is only one piece of acc gear that can be equiped by Warriors at lvl 10. It is called the Optical Earring and it drops from a Sapling Monster in North Gustaberg. It gives you +1acc -2att. Now this item may seem good, but it will not really affect your accuracy to any noticable point.

Now seeing as you said you bought a Claymore, which is a lvl 10 Gsword, I can only assume you did not use any other Gswords before it. If that is the case then your best chance to increase your accuracy is to increase your Gsword Skill. You do that by fighting monsters you can hit until you stop getting Skill points from hitting the monster. The higher your skill the better your accuracy and the harder you hit.

Now after all that is said and done, you would have a better chance at hitting(though at your lvl it wouldn't be that big of a difference) if you used an Axe or Gaxe. Each job will have skills in different weapons, and each skill will cap out (stop going up) at different skill lvls. Gaxe and Axe cap out at higher lvls the Gsword for Warriors so you have more Accuracy and Attack with the higher capping weapons.

For the most part, accuracy isn't a major issue until your mid 30s late 40s. Unless you are trying to kill monster far above your lvl, your accuracy will be decent to average enough to do your job. You can *never* have 100% accuracy in this game however so trying to achieve that is pointless. Even a lvl 75 with fully merited A+ skill and all the acc gear in game can miss those lvl 0 bees in Gustaberg.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                    X