This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAX Question

I Currently own a Neckchopper 39D 489 DLY +5 ACC), and I love it.

Tonight, I was PTing in the jungle as a lvl 26 war/mnk, and I have:
    +2 STR ring
    +2 DEX ring
    Spike necklace
    1 Bone earring +1

I used mithkabob, and I was hitting for about 40~50 consistently on a IT (low defense) mandragora w/ dia @ GAX lvl capped.

Now, what I want to know is, how long will this GAX last me for? Should I bother upgrading it to a Plantbane, or should I wait it out until couple levels later? If so, which GAX should I look into? Thanks in advance.

Re: GAX Question

I used Neckchopper until level 30's Cent. Axe.

Comment

I preferred Plantbane, especially sinceI use Shield Break for Accuracy. You can use it as long as level 30, though.

Comment

Or you can easily get a DRK or SAM and use Fragmentation Skillchains and totally pwn ALL the mandragoras every other fight X3 Thats why i didnt switch though, because i mainly closed skillchains due to me making just about every party with a Induration Opener, so i like the Acc to get the TP.

Comment

id prolly switch it out by then for more damage, but thats just me, if you have problems hitting, use it till it sucks bad :D
          WAR75/ MNK45/ WHM38/ RDM6/ DRG13/ RNG42/ BLM21/ THF45 /SAM22 /NIN53 /BRD64 /DRK11 /SMN12/BST28/ PLD13/18 BLU/17 COR/1 PUP

"The man all the ladies want."

Comment

pssst, don't use +2Dex rings (unless ur a thf)
            noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

naw, dex is good. No matter what you do, your acc will suck, but in those levels, dex does actually help your acc some. You won't really notice the difference in your damage or accuracy no matter what you do, but just keep your set up.

Upgrade to beetle earring -- even Normal Quality since it's cheaper than your bone +1. And buy some dhalmel pie/steak or something. ideally, you'd go here:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/food.php#Food_Overview

and find whatever food benefits you most. The main reason I tell you this is because Mithkabobs are a bit high level for you in addition to being more expensive -- you could be getting -more- benefit out of using cheaper food. That's a win/win situation.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Best Melee ATK food for under 30 IMO is Meat Jerky.

Comment

no, i agree with kagerou. don't wear that DEX ring. It will not increase your accuracy as much as a STR ring will increase your damage. If you are having accuracy problems (and at 26 you really shouldn't) use sushi.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I don't know any other equips micro has, so unless you have a total of around +10-20dex around, you're not gonna see any noticeable difference in accuracy. If you're gonna use one +2 str ring and another +2dex rings, I would just swap one for another. Better to have +4str/+4dex than have splits.

And +4str is better for a War than +4Dex imo.
                    noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Thank you for all your inputs.

I actually have been using meat jerky throughout Qufim, and wanted to stick with it, but I didn't bother going to any npc to buy more, and I couldn't find any in the AH.

As for the ACC issue, I didn't have too much trouble hitting the mob. I'll try swapping in a +2 STR ring and beetle earrings in there, and see if anything changes.

Comment

If you can afford them Rice Dumplings are great too. +5 acc and about +20% attack with a 250ish base attack cap. I used those through the jungles.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I still say STR/DEX rings doesn't matter. You won't notice the difference in acc w/out a parser and you won't notice a difference in damage w/out a parser. Actually, nothing matters. I use a parser and my accuracy varies just as much on sushi as it does on meat, and my damage% stays pretty much the same no matter what I eat. So /spit on stats.

Rice Dumplings 4tw though if you can afford/find them. In levels where you can't gear yourself for complete acc or complete damage, the +5 acc and decent Str/attack of Rice Dumpling makes them my #1 choice.
                          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I used a Neckchopper from Lv.20 to Lv.31. I then replaced it with a Voulge +1. There was a huge increase in damage, but the Acc+5 was nice, especially once I got Double Attack.

I've always been torn on the DEX idea. Back before Acc food DEX was what everybody wanted until actually Acc+ items became available. You will see a difference in damage, however slight.

I do not think you should be eating Sushi of any kinda at Lv.26 though. It gives a percentage plus. At that level your Acc isn't going to be high enough to be worth it. I don't know about on your server, but Sole Sushi is 80k+ a stack last time I bought some. (About a month ago.) Funny that people say mithkabobs aren't worth it, then others suggest you eat sushi. lol

What I recommend to people at this level, are Jack-o'-Lanterns. Acc+10, Eva+10, CHR-10 and some other effects that don't make much difference at that level. I've argued that you shouldn't bother waisting the gil on sushi until Lv.45. At Lv.26 the pumpkin gives you a straight Acc+10, and the Sushi will give you Acc+15%. At Lv.26 you're not going to have "67Acc", so the pumpkin will provide more Acc and be cheaper. (10k each, non-stackable, lasts 3hrs.)
                            Odude
                            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
                            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
                            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

Yea the percentage increase from sushi is actually less than the +10 from Jacks until about lv 32 or so, and 3 hrs of sushi (6 NQ) is generally much more expensive compared to the 1 jack which lasts 3 hrs.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Working...
                              X