This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro Pump data (Hydro Cutter)

I thought I'd crosspost this here, since ffxionline is the only forum with a decent search function:

In the process of leveling WAR today, I decided to use a LV34 Hydro Cutter +1 with a stack of Kilo Pumps (LV30).

Previously, I was under the impression that (like add'l effect ranged ammo) hydro pumps and wind fans proc'ed on every hit. As I'm sure many of you know, this is not the case. It seems to proc slightly more often than normal add'l effect melee weapons, but not by much. According to my log, it took 489 hits to use up a stack of 99 Kilo Pumps, for a proc rate of 20.24%.

However, the damage on it is pretty nice:

pic1
    pic2
    pic3
    pic4

Parser shows 2236 total add'l effect for an average of 22.58 per pump, but I think that's pretty skewed; there was a Boreal Cesti MNK in the party, and some of my procs probably went to him (as well as others). Best case scenario: if I take all add'l effects for the whole party and credit them to me (which is obviously not accurate... just establishing an upper limit), I get 49.80 damage per pump. That's definitely high; if I had to eyeball it, I'd guess that the proc rate averages around 30ish.

Anyway, this might be old news... if so, consider it just reinforcing existing data.

Centurio X-I 1/1 - Celphie 1/1 - Deadly Dodo 0/2 - Doppleganger Dio 0/1 - Jaggedy-eared Jack 0/7 - Joo Duzu the Whirlwind 1/1 - Leaping Lizzy 2/16 - Mimas 0/1 - Odqan 1/9 - Orcish Wallbreacher 0/1 - Ose 1/3 - Sagittarius X-XIII 1/1 - Serpopard Ishtar 3/6 - Silk Caterpillar 1/2 - Tom Tit Tat 0/2 - Trickster Kinetix 0/2 - Valkurm Emperor 6/10 - Wyvernpoacher Drachlox 1/1

Re: Hydro Pump data (Hydro Cutter)

That's some very nice damage on those added effect procs. Thanks for the info, Dan. I've always wanted to use these weapons, but I can never find a good source of Pumps or Fans.

Comment

/em points at the war/nin smart enough to use a greataxe...

=P

Think that @20% proc rate, the delay reduction and additional effect could make up for the 6 DMG lost for a 40 cap?
      "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

I always wanted to try one of those lol.

Comment

I used those WInd Fan katanas while lvling NIN, sorry ant remember name. The lv30 Wind Fans were doing ~35 add effect to Siege bats in Garliage, same mob Dan's first pic was from.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Working...
          X