X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me out!

Okay, this is what's up.

Im new, but that hasn't got anything to do with this.
    I want to make a character with my broder, to play together.
    But I also want to make sure im not completly useless on my own.
    So i figured i might want to be a healer in a group. But also abit strong so i can handle on my own for atleast a few seconds.
    So i thought of Warrior/White mage and maybe try to train them both pretty much alike to i overweigth the other negative thing..

Any suggestions?

Kill me if it's on the wrong thread :|
    Moo

Re: Help me out!

One word: No.

Now that that's taken care of, let's explain why: WAR doesn't have MP. In fact, the WAR job itself subtracts to your MP. Not only does it subtract from your MP, it also subtracts from your MND. Your sub job's level can only be at most half of your main job's level. So at level 10 WAR, your WHM sub would be level 5 - you'd only have access to spells up to level 5, you'd have, at best, the healing/enfeebling/enhancing magic skills of a level 5 WHM, and you'd have *less* MP than a level 5 WHM. As you go on the difference will only get bigger. There's no way a WAR/WHM can be a real healer. If you want to be a healer, go with WHM as a main job. You'll be fragile in a party, but you'll rarely die immediately, and hopefully your tank will hold hate. Being fragile is all part of being a mage. As you get higher, you'll have a few more means of staying alive in bad situations, and the tanks will also have more means of keeping you safe.

It all comes down to this: a WAR/WHM is still a WAR, and a WAR is still a melee. WHM sub on a WAR is only useful for soloing, anyways. And please don't go WHM/WAR either, because not only would you have more spells and MP as a WHM/BLM, but the fact that WAR is your sub job gives you less MP than a WHM without a sub job. The idea of sub jobs is not to let you play two jobs at once, but to enhance your main job's abilities. The only thing you get out of a sub job are job abilities, job traits, and some small stat boosts. So if you plan on being a healer, I recommend WHM, maybe RDM (though RDM technically isn't a healer, it simply has the ability to heal, but to a lesser degree than WHM.) If you plan on playing a WAR, be a WAR/MNK until 30.

Hope that was of some help ^^
    Last edited by Armando; 12-30-2005, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hmm. Thanks alot for that wonderful explination
      And yes, it was of great help.
      Moo

Comment

You can't do much on your own past level 10 . Try Beastmaster.
        http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

remember you can change jobs at any time. only your main job will gain xp, so ou can static with your friend yet still play on your own. be a warrior, and be a white mage. but don't be a warrior/white mage, be a warrior/monk (or w/e sub) and be a white mage/black mage.

go ahead and level more than one job. all the cool kids do it

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
          Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
          I live to entertain!

Comment

Quote from this post: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...57872993308907

"Look at it this way...

Lets say you are a Mad Sheep. You're tough, you're mean, you put people to sleep. Now it's time to subjob.

Elephant would be a good subjob right? The whole Trample effect is a bonus and never forgeting could be handy.

Shark would also kick ass. Instant theme music there!

But do you choose these? no. you chose:

Butterfly.

You are so pretty now. So delcate. People look at you and go MASH MASH MASH MASH!!! YOU DIE NOW YOU SHEEP BUTERFLY! MUH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me.. I'd sub Walrus. LVL 10 you get BIG F***ING TEETH!"

AKA the ButterSheep.

No Ifs Ands or Buts about it.
            Rest of my sig

Comment

If you have WAR as a subjob it wont subtract MP from you. You will have less MP than another WHM with a mage job, but you'll have the same MP as a WHM without a subjob.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Are you 100% positive on that? I'm fairly certain varying melee jobs will have different MP pools when you sub the same mage job. I'll get in-game later and verify this.

Comment

Sorry slow response, havent checked WAR forums too much lately.

Yes I'm sure you wont get an MP reduction. The MP is based on your main job and can only be increased if your sub job has an MP pool. On your PLD sub WAR, note the amount of MP, then switch sub to WHM, BLM, RDM, SMN, or DRK and note the amount of MP. THEN use the mog house job changing glitch and go no sub. You'll have more MP with mage sub, but the same MP with WAR sub as you do with no sub.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Working...
                  X