This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAR vs. NIN...

I just want to know your opinions on what u like better and why. I personally like WAR better because of it's flexibility, ie. DD or tank.
    My Split Personality
    Which FF Character Are You?

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: WAR vs. NIN...

NIN can DD too. It's just that it almost invariably gets invited for tanking. I like them both equally. WAR has some very nice things to offer, especially Break WS. NINs can help debuff, open Distortion, and the elemental wheel sounds like it's good damage.

Comment

in the lower levels you wont see a whole lot of dmg difference btwn melee. it is premature to judge how a job is before you get past 50. jobs dont start coming into their own till then.

nin does good DD when equiped with atk gear. blade: jin lands pretty decent numbers.

war does land some crazy numbers that nin probably wont match. rampage at 55 is one example. war also has the option of subbing thf to stack onto steel cyclone for some insane dmg. as you pass 40, war tends to stay away from tanking more and more since they dont have the dmg negation of utsusemi ni or the healing abilties of a pld. not to say that war cannot tank past 40, you just need a skilled support team and a skilled war to do so. even then, straight up tanking mobs that double atk frequently and have specials that can land big dmg can be very very tiring for the mages in your pt.
      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well, I know it may seem like a cop-out answer... but I like having both

Seriously, if you have a NIN/WAR and a WAR/NIN together its godly.

Edit: Umm... I know I had more reasons in there somewhere, but I just got done typing a 10 page essay last night so typing = death x_x
        RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
        Bastok Rank 10 Completed
        Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
        Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
        Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Working...
        X