This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter's Mask or Walkure Mask?

So, I'm approaching 56, and I'm curious about which is more preferable, the Fighter's Mask or the Walkure Mask?

It looks like everyone wears their AF mask once they hit 56, but is the +3 dex really that much more useful than the +6 Attack on the Walkure Mask?
    PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
    Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
    WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
    Currently Playing:
    FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Re: Fighter's Mask or Walkure Mask?

I like the Str from RK Bascinet >.> Of course Voyager Sallet would be better than all the above.
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

The people wearing the Figher's Mask I don't know if it's really the consideration of stats. I wouldn't be surprised if they are wearing more for the psychological that they got something they see as special since it is part of the Artifact Armor.

Other then that I think which you use should weigh more on what you are trying to focus on.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

3 DEX alone would probably be better than 6 ATK, but there's also a very undesireable 1 enmity that comes along with it. That's the thing I hate about WAR AF pieces--you get enmity all over the place. I'll probably end up only wearing the feet piece because of that.

Comment

Thats because i feel the WAR AF is a tanking piece of armor. Many times WARs would use a Brynie or a Hauby which is fine for DD, but when they are asked to tank they either say they cannot, or they dont have the proper gear/use the same hauby and brynie to tank. WAR AF set to me IS your tanking gear and its FREE. I dont see how WAR AF is not tanking gear.

Comment

3 DEX wouldnt be better than 6 ATK imo. 3 DEX isnt going to increase ACC any noticable amount and it wont do much to crit rate either.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I think a lot of people who use mask are doing so because it's cheaper than RK or Walk/Valk mask. Of course, there's my recent line of thought that the dex <-> agi equation for critical hits might get bloated on Rampage since it's a "chance of crit" WS but I have nothing to base that on thus far soooooo

As for the Enmity, it's my belief that first off, a warrior should tank if need be, and even if you're not tanking, the bits of enmity here and there make you a tank on demand. The idea behind a DD Warrior is that not only do you do awesome damage, you need to be ready to take hate at any time. I'm not saying DD in the body AF -- that's just stupid, but a couple pieces here and there are nice. Personally, I use hands and feet for DD and that's it. When the nin loses blinks and gets double attacked into the red, don't sit around and do nothing.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Alrighty, thanks for the input ^^
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

ya i'ma be hitting that level soon as well ... but since i'm so poor i'll probably have to wear my af mask XD lol other than the emnity +1 its not bad tho so it should be ok

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

I went with the Walkure Mask, DEX doesn't really do it for me and I preferred the extra attack.

Comment

I used Walkure Mask until 68 when I got a Celata, and then Optical Hat at 70. Now I have a Voyager's Sallet, which I would of used until Optical Hat. I will probably use the Voyager's more now on VT and lower mobs, since accuracy won't be much of an issue.
                      [ 75PLD / 75WAR / 75BLU / 75NIN / 75DNC / 41MNK ] : [100 +3 bonecraft / 60 +1 leathercraft ] : [ LJ: ono-valefor.livejournal.com ]

Comment

Yea I've been trying to organize a run for a sallet for my WAR >.>

Do you know if you can reach them with Widescan w/o going through the Unstable Displacement? I went and wasnt able to scan them but I could scan the other islands around that were close. The thing is though, is that I think it might have been just out of reach but if you could confirm that...

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitoki
                          Do you know if you can reach them with Widescan w/o going through the Unstable Displacement? I went and wasnt able to scan them but I could scan the other islands around that were close.
                          One thing to point out about Riverne A is that it uses two different maps. Some islands use one, some islands use the other yet they're identical maps. If you want some evidence of this simply complete the map quest, leave a marker as soon as you enter then go into the first spatial displacement. When you get out the otherside, call up your map and bam, no marker. The Dobsonflies are on "map A" which is the one you first appear on, you then zone into "map B" after the first displacement and have to go back to "map A" to get to Dobsonflies. I don't believe a level 40 Ranger's widescan could reach that island from the start of the zone but I could be wrong.

And yeah, Voyager Sallet>all. I still use it at 75 on Warrior.
                          【MNK 75 - WAR 75 - NIN 75 - BRD 75 - WHM 75】

Comment

Working...
                          X