Why hate the Sword?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hate the Sword?

I have been useing a sword scense level 9 and im 24 now and i almost have it caped at 70 (its 63 otm) and iv been wondering why do people always say to use a Axe or G. Axe? i think Sword and shield alot (i want to cuz im gonna be a PLD) and i think thats good because i have like 7 levels before i can finish my PLD quest.
    "Ill buy that car!" "Sir is not for sale," "Fine then ill buy it for regular price!"

Re: Why hate the Sword?

two biggest reasons

1. G-Axe+Axes have amazing WS
    2. Bigger DPS allows u to maintain hate better than the low DPS swords. (Even if ur attacking slower)
    --->If ur not tanking, u will be the DD job. With G-Axe and Axes having the best weapon rating for WARS, u'll hit more and deliver bigger dmg.
    noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

If you're just levelling warrior to use as PLD sub job you might be ok using swords. If you plan to play your warrior more serious or take the job higher tho, axe and G axe are better choices.

- warrior has higher skill cap on axe and G axe. They have rate A+ for axe but only C for sword I believe. The difference is small at first but as you get higher it will become a huge different. At level 70+ your axe will cap around 40 more skills higher than sword. That's a lot of accuracy and attack you'll miss out using sword.

- warrior can't use some of the higher tier sword WS but they can use all axe/G axe WS. More damage, more skillchain capabilities.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

From what I hear every skill level you have in a certain weapon roughly adds +1 Atk and +1 Acc while you have that weapon equipped. Warriors have a higher grade in Axes than Swords, so it's a natural choice.

Comment

are you tanking in your pt`s? then sword (or better axe) and shield will be ok. but if not, you will loose a lot of dd potentacy.

ok, your shield skill can raise... but seriosly you`re not tanking, when you ever get hits with the dmg of a sword??

and weapon skill up will neber be a problem for your pld.

so my advice, try lelving your GA or A skill a bit that you can use it in exp partys.
          (try not to start with a GA level 0, you will miss and hit for 0DMG every time)

later when you switch to pld, then sure sword and shield will be your friend, but a GA will help you reaching PLD faster.
          again, if you are already tanking, then its nice. :-)
          Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

You could not have leveled sword at all when you switch to Paladin and it would go up quick enough to not make a difference. Hell I always use a GAXE and its always capped! As a War you should defenetly use a GAXE. At your level get a Neckchopper.
            You kill one man, your a murderer
            Kill many and your a conquerer
            Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Okay thatnk for the info, My sword is almost 70 and my GAXE is 23 . so im gonna head to Tahrongi Canyon and level it up while farming . And again Thank You for helping me out
              "Ill buy that car!" "Sir is not for sale," "Fine then ill buy it for regular price!"

Comment

I know everybody tells me that axes are the best, but I like the sword. It looks cooler, and has good enough attack points. Im lvl 22 and I got like same as you 70 skill on the sword. But then again hand-to-hand combat is fun to! But then the super moderator guy is right, if u want to use WAR for higher stuff as ur main job, u might try using an axe, but with me Im goin for RNG/THF. Itll help with my farmin cause of treasure hunter, and widescan
                Rubion

Comment

congratulations on that. And you'll never know how much Shield Break helps when fighting crabs, pugs, and especially mandies.
                  "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Well this thread has turned out to be a very helpful one, i am glad i had that question =P

Comment

Get axes, sub nin, level your subjobs, play right, don't complain! JK!
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I have been useing a sword scense level 9 and im 24 now and i almost have it caped at 70 (its 63 otm) and iv been wondering why do people always say to use a Axe or G. Axe?
                        Because WAR have much better skill with Axe and Great Axe, plus they both have powerful WS.

Which reminds me...I need to skill Great Axe myself when I go back to leveling WAR. I'd been using duel-wield axes.
                        All Nations: Rank 10
                        Rise of the Zilart: Complete
                        Chains of Promathia: Complete
                        75 BRD/75 WHM/75 BLM/75 MNK/75 RDM/57 DRK/40 THF/39 WAR/37 NIN & SMN/All the rest < 37

What to level next? (DRK!)

Comment

axes and g. axes do more dmg and besides warriors can use axes better
                          ------------------------------------------------------

-DEATH?? What is this word you speak of? I can not die I AM IMMORTAL

-yeah yeah i at least heard 1000 of u say the same thing and they all felt tip of my blade

Comment

I have always used the sword on my warrior. On my previous Galka warrior, I used a great axe and it worked wonders. =D

Comment

1h sword skill suck...
                              And damage is iffy if at least early swords have good bonuses like acc

Though if you're making distortion for whatever, then you might want to use it.

Mostly wars only use sword skill on very limited levels, like doing distortion early in the game, and riddil etc.

Though if you really want to do distortion, using a polearm is much better

Wars have the advantage to have Bs in many weapons. It comes in useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X