This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not War/Drk or Drk/War?

I have been looking around this forum and it seems to me that many people here don’t approve of War/Drk or Drk/War? Why??? I am currently War Lv15 and was hoping to change to Drk when I had levelled up a bit. But after reading a few people’s posts it has kinda discouraged me to. I always wanted to be a Drk since I started playing so maybe I can change Drk to my main job type and have my sub job as Drg or something. Any suggestions on this??? Please post!

"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies
    but not everyone lives."

Re: Why not War/Drk or Drk/War?

They gimped the sj powers of /drk, to the extent that it offers few advantages over others.

drk/war is your mainstream until about 60-65, look around if you want to find out more.

Comment

WAR/DRK is not a combination which you would call 'popular' by any means. By using DRK as a sub, you aren't really bringing all that much to the WAR main. But, by using DRK/WAR, a far more popular combination, you can have the nasty attack power of a DRK with skills like double attack, berserk, and a much needed defense boost (especially when you get hate from all that DD )

As far as DRK/DRG goes, I would strongly advise against it. Like WAR/DRK, DRG really brings nothing to DRK. I think it gives a very very small passive acc boost and jump which I guess 'could' help with TP, but subbing SAM or WAR would be much more efficient. DRG really doesn't bring that much extra damage, if any at all, like WAR does.

Most DRKs are DRK/WAR until 60 and then switch to DRK/THF until 75 (For SATA [Sneak Attack , Trick Attack], do massive damage and then trick the hate on the tank.)

Hope that helped!

Comment

subjobing /drk wouldn't be so bad if they didn't gimp the abilities...which for obviously reasons had to be made.

A thf/drk would do some insane SATA, if it has the same effects as drk main.

Comment

Drk/War is THE best combo for Drks all the way up until lvl 60. At that point hey can start subbing thf for SaTaWs onto the tank to close a SC with large numbers. But /war is still an awesome sub at those lvls due to it's higher dot with a subbed double attack and berserk, which are just as strong subbed as they are when on War main.

War/drk however is not as good. Mainly because the abilities of Drk are lessened when it is subbed. But also because a War can sub many other jobs that become far more useful. Mnk, Thf, Nin and Sam can all be subbed to war and not affect their dot or single hit dmg in any negative way. Each one gives it's own special bonuses to War at certain points in the game that allow Wars to do their job much better.

Subbing Drk will give Wars a weakend Last Resort, an attack bonus that gets over written by the wars own attack bonus, a small MP pool with half lvled spells that won't have any use for war and a small amount of Str.

Mnk will give Wars boost, counter, dodge, focus, +HP, +Vit and +Str, all of which are great for tanking.

Thf gives War Sneak attack at 30, allowing them to use Sa+Sturmwind which is the second best SC closer at that lvl, and then Ta at 60 when Wars get Raging Rush. At this point a War with a Gaxe can close SC with SaTa Raging Rush for massive amounts of dmg and not worry about hate. And towards endgame a War can go SaTa Steel Cyclone and drop 1k+ dmg with out any effort.

Nin gives war Dual wield and Utusemi which at around mid 40's early 50's, when Wars get access to awesome one handed Axe and Axe WS, create and awesome DoT machine. A good War will do anywhere between 30-60 dmg a hit and with Dual Wield and Double attack, will seem like they're always swinging. Only better DoT would be Mnk/War.

Sam gives War meditate at 60 with a few Store TP bonuses, which when used with the proper WS and timing will allow a War to almost spam their WS. Gaxes give back around 13-15% tp a swing, and with meditate giving a solid 60% tp and double attack, a War could easily use Two WS in one fight. Great for spamming Full break or any other Gaxe WS.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero
            Drk/War is THE best combo for Drks all the way up until lvl 60. At that point hey can start subbing thf for SaTaWs onto the tank to close a SC with large numbers. But /war is still an awesome sub at those lvls due to it's higher dot with a subbed double attack and berserk, which are just as strong subbed as they are when on War main.

War/drk however is not as good. Mainly because the abilities of Drk are lessened when it is subbed. But also because a War can sub many other jobs that become far more useful. Mnk, Thf, Nin and Sam can all be subbed to war and not affect their dot or single hit dmg in any negative way. Each one gives it's own special bonuses to War at certain points in the game that allow Wars to do their job much better.
            That sums it up

Take The quiz yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X