Oily Trousers vs. Dusk Trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oily Trousers vs. Dusk Trousers

Not an endgame thf, not even at that level yet, but looking for some solid DD [Legs] and I'm trying to decide between these two. Both have great stats:

Dusk Trousers: ATT +14, RA +10
    Oily Trousers: DEX +5, AGI +5, ACC +5, RA+5

Oily Trousers are roughly 3-4 times the cost of the Dusk Trousers, do you think it's justified if I already have good DEX and ACC stats?

Which should I go with?
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Re: Oily Trousers vs. Dusk Trousers

Dusk. It's not worth paying out the ass for such a small improvement to your DEX/AGI over what you can already obtain. And if you wanted Acc you can get it without paying out the ass by having Pahluwan legs.

I'm obviously assuming you don't have infinite money.

Comment

money hasn't been an issue lately since I'm 4/5 on ISNM puk Khroma Ore

I appreciate the reply, 400k vs 1.8M is a hefty difference though, and since I have the dusk [hands] and [feet] they'd probably just 'fit' better.
      | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
      2/5 WAR +2
      Farsha(85)

Comment

Oily Trousers for TA Dancing Edge maybe, if you wanted to go all out? Also assuming you can replace a slot that has at most 5 ACC with more DEX and AGI.

Comment

Gonna have to go with Oily Trousers all the way, for WS/TA+WS/SA+WS. Even for TP-gain, depending on the level of your accuracy / haste (when comparing this to Bravo's).

Comment

Just to draw attention to this feature again:
            Oily Trousers
            Dusk Trousers
            links to ffxiah have the stats as hover text.

You can say what you will about performance but oily trousers just don't feel right.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Go with the one that doesn't sound like a side effect of alli.

Comment

Just remember with dusk feet, hands and legs you're going to move like you're under the effects of grav.

You could also look at doing Targeting the Captain in order to get Barbarossa's Zerehs.

Comment

I believe Oily Trousers have the same decrease in movement speed that the Dusk legs do so it doesn't really matter.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                    I believe Oily Trousers have the same decrease in movement speed that the Dusk legs do so it doesn't really matter.
                    Dusk armour speed decrease is cumulative. When you have all five pieces you barely move. The Oily Trousers (-12.5%) don't add to the already larger penalty (-20%) he's receiving for his existing two pieces of Dusk.

Comment

Maybe it's because I macro equip like a fiend for my job, but I don't understand why people can't just make macros to unequip the dusk to move. I hear people complain about the movement speed all the time, but it's not that hard to get around ..

Comment

I remember it being a pain back when I used Dusk hands and feet on PLD, having to constantly switch from TP to movement set after every kill. Still annoying with only the gloves on SAM, and I find myself not bother to switch to the WS set(which has slow) if the next target is close by enough.

Decreased movement speed is a small, but frequent annoyance in many situations (e.g. merit party, MMM (exp maze), Nyzul Isle, some Assaults, etc.). If you're just fighting one critter for 10 minutes, though, it's not a problem worth mentioning.

If the money is not a big deal, why not get both? If finding Oily not making enough of a difference in situations it should excel at, can always sell it.
                        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

/equip hands <me>

I think that will unequip any gear you have on, and then you can just hit your engaged macro to put your dusk/oily gear back on.

Also spellcast

Comment

Just "/equip hands" with nothing after it will unequip. I have a macro for standing gear in all of my sets that I'm in the habit of tapping frequently, so hitting it after each mob in my melee setup isn't something I even notice.

Enough with the spellcast XD

Comment

I'm not overly bearing about it, But unfortunatley alot of times it directly addresses peoples concern's/questions/problems/rants when it comes to macroing of gear etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X