Pimping out THF 50+ advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimping out THF 50+ advice

Ok I'm a returning THF thats looking for a little advice.
    Currently I'm a level 51 THF with fairly ok gear.
    My main concern is PT invites and viability
    Equips:
    WEAPS: Corsair's Knife/Hornetneedle
    HEAD: Emperor's Hairpin
    BODY: Iron Musketeer's Gambison(need some subligar farming)
    HANDS:Battle Glove(+3acc/eva) or Taru RSE (+3 str)
    NECK: Spike Necklace
    EARRING: Genie Earring / Drone +1
    RINGS: Sniper/Sniper
    WAIST: Life Belt (Want Swift Belt, got pop item need the help)
    LEGS: Noct Brais +1
    FEET: Leaping Boots
    RANGED: X-Bow(+1 agi) + Blood and Acid Bolts
    Thoughts to improve invites:
    Max out Dagger Merits (well get 5/8) so that I have
    Dancing Edge available at 56 instead of 60.(could add other merits like Crit as well)
    Hopefully the Acc advantage may allow meat instead of sushi
    Should I just level sync to whatever level just to be able to get XP?(skills isnt an issue, they are capped to 75)
    Something else to add, I'm guessing that I'm going to be XPing on Lesser Lolibri, which give a dmg bonus to piercing, is it possible to use this fact to become a premier DD at this level?

I want to have fun while levelling by being as strong as humanly (Tarutaruly) possible
    So any advice would be much appriecated.

Would a Fully Merited att/acc/str setup produce greater dps than standard setups?
    I dont mind taking the time out in order to produce a god setup, provided its worth the effort.

Caveats: My 75 is a NIN so I'm sure to have some of the higher level equips.
    I'm intending to add Ra/Ex gear from COP such as Rajas and Voyager Sallet but depends alot on organisation.

Re: Pimping out THF 50+ advice

Originally posted by Mnemo View Post
    Should I just level sync to whatever level just to be able to get XP?(skills isnt an issue, they are capped to 75)
    Yes... or start your own parties... I've struggled with getting invites on my THF (46 now) throughout the time I've level'd him. A majority of the parties I get asked to join seem to have a THF as a leader so I'm thinking it's a common struggle.

Originally posted by Mnemo View Post
    I'm guessing that I'm going to be XPing on Lesser Lolibri, which give a dmg bonus to piercing, is it possible to use this fact to become a premier DD at this level?
    My buddy geared his THF for DD and was easily out-dmg'n the other THF (yeah the party had 2, lol) and he constantly made the DRG and SAM (me) feel slightly gimpt, lmao. His SA +ViperBite was crazy. He had the + Crit Hit daggers and he 'd/hated them. So, it's entirely possible from what I've seen, but skills come into play as well... er, or rather knowledge since FFxi is merely a #'s + timing game.

I really want the Rap Harness (Dnc main); but, imHo it's just soooooo damn ugly. And almost every run aside from my CoP static to get some THF panties has met with disasterous results from a majority of morons doing moronic things. So I'm taking a break from from that headache.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
    X