My Thief just hit level 60. No what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thief just hit level 60. No what?

Hello, I have been looking at some Thief guides and unfortunately it has just made me more confused. I want to buy some sweet gear and would like some assistance. I am also interested in doing some macros for TP build and then SATA. But then someone told me now that I have Assasin I dont use SATA, I just use them seperate? How does that work? Ok Here is my gear. A couple of the expensive items I am borrowing from a friend. The CPP (Thanks Skadi). Ok Gear:

Main: Corsair's Knife
    Sub: Hornetneedle
    Range: Arbelast +1
    Head: Empress Hairpin
    Neck: CPP
    Earring: Spike Earring
    Earring: Genin Earring
    Body: Scorpion Harness +1
    Waist: Life Belt
    Ring: Grace Ring
    Ring: Sniper's Ring
    Hands: Jaridah Bazubands
    Back: Nomad's Mantle
    Legs: Noct Brais +1
    Feet: Bounding Boots

Can someone please let me know what I should change, also how I should setup macros and what gear I should get to swap. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Oh I did some BCNM's and came across some gil so I wouldn't mind splurging a little on some good items. If they are worth it. Nothing CRAZY priced but good stuff. Thanks so much!

Re: My Thief just hit level 60. No what?

With the introduction of Level Sync, it is not out of the realm of possibility that you will be in a sub-60 party doing SATA again. For the most part though, you will be doing TAWS on the Tank and SA solo. I am a gear swapping maniac - I have a Haste/Acc build for TP, a DEX build for SA, a AGI build for TA, and a DEX/AGI build for SATA. I even have a RAcc build for when I need to land bloody bolts and an Evasion set for when I am soloing tough stuff.

You can keep it simple to start, and just swap rings and major body pieces. The Black Cotehardie is good for the DEX/AGI boosts for SA/TA. SH is the way to go for TP, and for when you use Dancing Edge if you need the Accuracy. @61, get an Amemet Mantle.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Re: My Thief just hit level 60. No what?

What race is your character? Depending on that there might be some level 62 RSE pieces worth investing in soon. I started using Creek F Clomps on Kumei at 62 and simply swapping Bounding Boots in for SA/TA.

Noct Brais +1 is fine for SA, but with Assassin, you'll want to swap to AF pants for TA. Also, Republic Subligar is still good for all purposes; when I was at 60 I was hurting badly enough for Attack+ that I actually found I did as well or better on TA with RS than the AF pants, though the eventual acquisitions of Amemet Mantle +1 and Assault Jerkin helped a lot in that regard. If you don't really need the Attack+, Bravo's Subligar makes a good TP set piece.

If you have Promyvion (CoP 1-3) completed, you may want to try to get a Phomiuna Aqueducts subligar farming party and get your Rapparee Harness, as that's handy for TP when not fighting IT++ (which almost no one seems to do anymore at high levels anyway).

Also, get a Swordbelt for SA/TA; they don't need the acc from Life Belt, the NQ is really nice and very cheap, and will serve you decently for TA until Warwolf Belt at 71. Also, if you're TPing in Rapparee/Bravo's, might as well pick up one of the Haste belts; Quick belt is nice and cheap, largely because it's obsoleted by a number of other belts. Swift Belt is questable, but you need to be on CoP 4-3 or later to go after it. Speed Belt is the best non-endgame (not counting the useless upgrade) haste belt (and the endgame one is an AV drop anyway), but it's a bit pricey. The haste setup becomes a lot easier to pull off at 75 with the Walahra Turban, but most of the haste gear can be worn now.

Finally, you should consider investing in a Garrulous Ring from Assault, it makes a pretty good TA piece. Ilrusi Atoll points aren't too difficult to come by as there are a number of effective strategies for Golden Salvage (though irritatingly now most people think it's best to do it uncapped, for no particular reason; since high-level abilities don't actually have any bearing, 50cap should be ideal, but it's hard to get people to listen...)
      Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
      DRK99,DNC91,THF90
      Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
      Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
      WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
      Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
      All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
      Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
      Clothcraft 24
      Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
      BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...