Subbing/DNC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subbing/DNC?

I read that it would be a pretty good choice for a taru thf with our high AGI and DEX is it really a good combo? I enjoy both the classes and think that they'd go hand in hand, whaddaya think?

Re: Subbing/DNC?

/DNC isn't terribly useful as a subjob before 60 for PTs. THFs are DDs, DD do damage. /DNC uses TP, lessening your ability to do weaponskills, lessening your damage output.

/DNC is OK at some of the low levels for the smidge of extra healing it gives, but its not really that useful to you or anyone else until you can drop some worthwhile cures and status cures, both of which aren't things THFs should really have to concern themselves with, given they have other responsibilities like pulling and enmity direction to worry about, which is more than enough work as it is.

Hate to say it, but you're just digging for excuses not to level /NIN. Do the quests, unlock the job, get the scrolls, spend the gil. /NIN actually helps THF because the Dual Wield traits will let you pull in dagger swings a bit faster as you gain more of those traits, its also handy for pulling, which THFs will do a lot of.

If you really want to buck the /NIN trend on THF, go /WAR. Double Attack + Triple Attack is hot.

Comment

THF is one of the few jobs that I believe actually needs NIN to successfully level.

-Dual weild builds TP a lot faster for them then single wield
      -Pulling is safer with /NIN and shadows
      -A missed SATA (usually because someone fucks up) can grab you enough hate to take a lot of hits. /NIN again with shadows keeps you alive, and from taking damage
      - What BBQ said about DD, and using TP to heal and not WS.

If you do not wish to use /NIN

BBQ hit the nail on the head with /WAR. /MNK (boost, VIT,HP) is also usable although it is not as effective as /WAR, or /NIN.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

-Dual weild builds TP a lot faster for them then single wield
        Not really true since a single wielding THF is likely /WAR. It does get TP as fast while still giving shadows though, and that counts.

Comment

Proudly say as a 75 thf, /Dnc is good for one thing only. (Yes Nin is around um.... 64 now) And that would be Farming to weak monsters (that are in the general lvl 1-50 ish area, Without ever having to rest. Next to that. No i woul say thf/war before thf/dnc.

And as for the /nin. /nin is better if you have the haste gear. However, /war is only good when a thf turns around and decides hecatomb. Thier are many variations of thf, And everything does its own thing for teh job . But with /war you cannot have shadows. You loose them. Not that in merit pt's you take damage, However... The way I am about hate control.... Sometimes i end up tanking as a mini substitue Ninja.
          75 THF, 75 PLD, 64 NIN, 51 WHM, 38 BRD, 37 WAR, 35 BLM, 32 RDM, 30 MNK, 27 SAM, 27 DNC, RNG 8, BST 7, DRG 1, SMN 1, BLU 4

Comment

For farming, THF/DNC should be great. For exp. party, TP usage between WS and DNC's JA does not mix well at all. Those Waltz and Steps are expensive, they burn a lot of TP if you intend to apply them consistently throughout the party.
            Server: Quetzalcoatl
            Race: Hume Rank 7
            75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

And as for the /nin. /nin is better if you have the haste gear. However, /war is only good when a thf turns around and decides hecatomb.
              Uh, Haste gear and Heca gear affect both subs equally.

Comment

I consider /DNC to be far superior to /NIN as a solo sub for THF, but /DNC in parties will usually be pretty situational:

1) Sambas are only useful if you lack another DNC or /DNC in the party
                2) Waltzes will only be useful if you're short on healing, so party composition is key here as well.
                3) Most melee rely significantly on WS for burst damage, I think most people would consider this especially important for THF. You may be sacrificing hate control ability (assuming you're lucky enough to find parties where people still understand that this is a good idea...) if you use your TP for dancing instead of for SATA+WS (TA+WS 60+).
                4) On the mitigating side, more DNC or /DNC in a party means you can inflict daze levels faster and maintain more dazes overall.

I think there's a lot to be said about /DNC for situational uses, so you should probably maintain it as a sub, but it's not something you can bring to a party blindly.
                Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                Clothcraft 24
                Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  Uh, Haste gear and Heca gear affect both subs equally.
                  actually no they dont. having +slow on /nin is just retarded. if your gonna go for attack plus and more dmg on thf sub war by far it is greater. In no way does it "equal" out for both. +haste is good with /war but better /nin. Because 1 you swing faster. 2 Dual wield with suppa, adds to the quickness to. then lastely why wear heca when your /nin when all your spells are increased on recast... Idk about you but at 75 I pull mobs before they die and shadow tank em... with slower utsu... Makes that kinda difficult.
                  75 THF, 75 PLD, 64 NIN, 51 WHM, 38 BRD, 37 WAR, 35 BLM, 32 RDM, 30 MNK, 27 SAM, 27 DNC, RNG 8, BST 7, DRG 1, SMN 1, BLU 4

Comment

Except, Dual Wield has nothing to do with Haste, and reducing your Delay by X% is going to have the same results no matter what your Delay is. 20% is 20% regardless of whether you're swinging a knife or a scythe. And having Slow on ANY melee job is retarded. Haste is good for any melee, Heca is good for WS for anyone that can use it. No one actually WEARS Hecatomb for more than a second.

Comment

orly cheack Fairy bro you would be rather surprised.

Comment

Then the people on Fairy are retards. Just because they do it, it doesn't mean they're smart or right. Couple of years back everyone swore up and down pets leeched EXP off of the whole party. It's retarded now, but it was also retarded back then regardless of how many people believed it.

Math doesn't lie. Anyone with half a brain can see that Hecatomb sucks to wear full time.

Comment

Never said it was right and i agree they are retards its why i left. >.>' i totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                          X