Dancing Edge or Evisceration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing Edge or Evisceration?

I'm going to be getting an elemental gorget to increase WS damage and accuracy, but im trying to pick which one to get. I currently am lvl 68 and havent gotten evisceration yet. Is evisceration better to use than dancing edge? I looked at the WS modfiers and I can't tell which would be better to use. Which one is better and what's the actual difference? Is one used 100% of the time?

thanks.
    Last edited by rshermaniv; 07-31-2008, 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Dancing Edge or Evisceration?

get breeze and shadow
    breeze for de/sb and shadow when you use evisceration
    you'll probably use breeze more until you get an x's knife so get that first i guess

fk yes

Comment

Evisceration is a tad more stable than DE since there's one less hit to potentially miss, but if you gear for them properly(Accuracy!!!) DE usually does a bit better. They're honestly relatively interchangeable, though if you have a really solid DEX build and some Crit+ merits Evisceration can be really nice. It's more a skill for jobs that don't get DE/Shark Bite b/c everything else available are pretty bad weaponskills for non-THFs.

Usually the toss-up is more between DE and SB, if you need SB for skillchain purposes or are fighting something really evasive then SB is good, especially stacked with SA or TA; but for standard XP/merit mobs generally DE is the winner.

Edit: Shadow/Soil will do slightly more for Evisceration than Breeze will do for DE, but that's marginal. You may also want to take into account other jobs that you have. Breeze also works for SB I believe, so there's that to consider as well.
      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Dancing Edge
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

evisceration later does *retarded* high damage
          edit:
          this wasnt me
          this is from some thread on KI on evis vs de math
          guy claims he was using x's/sir and had 2X min
          Attached Files
          Last edited by 711rocks; 08-04-2008, 10:13 AM.

fk yes

Comment

Soil should work for DE and Evisceration as well as blade ku. Since the gorget increases accuracy and damage, i see it being best used with multi-hit WS's. Does it really make much of a difference for single hit WS's? My sam's 75 and i usually use it for limbus, meriting, etc. so if they gorget could add noticeable damage to my tachi: gekko i might get the gorget for that Ws first. But other than that it looks like soil is the way to go since it affects alot of multi-hit WS's.

Comment

Originally posted by 711rocks View Post
              evisceration later does *retarded* high damage
              edit:
              this wasnt me
              this is from some thread on KI on evis vs de math
              guy claims he was using x's/sir and had 2X min
              Birds are naturally weak to piercing, so I can believe it.
              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                Birds are naturally weak to piercing, so I can believe it.
                yeah he posted his gear it was lots of hq heca im sure the screenshot was legit

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                X