Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Equipment Evaluation

Hey everyone,

Its been a LONG time since I've posted on these forums, but I decided to come back, since I always enjoyed the forum style of this site more than KI or Alla.

Anyways, I came back to FFXI and started leveling my THF again. Its currently at 64, and slowly climbing. I was just wondering if you guys can evaluate my some of my gear real quick and tell me where I can improve. I am definitely not rolling around in money, but as always I'm willing to farm for it (but not like... 8 months >_>), and I appreciate any constructive criticism you guys have to offer.

Thanks!

-Equipment-
    M.Hand: Cermet Kukri +1
    O.Hand: Hornetneedle
    Head: Emperor's Hairpin
    Neck: Spike Necklace
    Earring1:Spike Earring
    Earring2:Spike Earring
    Body: Scorpion Harness
    Hands:Akinji Bazubands
    Ring1:Deft Ring
    Ring2:Deft Ring
    Cape:Amemet Mantle
    Waist:Royal Knight's Belt + 2
    Legs: Rogue's Culotte
    Feet: Leaping Boots
    Ranged: Thug's Zamburak (more for the Ranged Accuracy than anything)

Re: Quick Equipment Evaluation

I would get a better damage weapon in the Off Hand and upgrade your Rings. Myself, I am a fan of Gear Swapping, so there are plenty more recommendations I could make, but I'll leave it at that for now.
    FFXIV Balmung Server
    Tenro Matashi
    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

When I originally consulted with a friend they said to keep the Hornetneedle because of its low Delay.

Is that not acceptable anymore?

Comment

Changes:

Offhand: Another Cermet Kukri +1. Chicken Knife is also strong enough to serve as a replacement if you think the Flee added effect will be helpful for pulling (can't speak from experience on that one.)

*Hint: Fast weapons don't speed up your main hand. In reality, you'll never wield two weapons with DPS or speed differences so big that how much faster or slower your offhand is than your main hand will have an impact, besides its own DPS rating. In other words, you want to use the best two weapons available regardless of speed. (Don't feel too bad, almost every single THF makes this mistake, so the odds of anyone telling you otherwise are stupidly small. It's a vicious circle.)

Head: Walkure Mask. Emperor's for SA/TA only.

Neck: Chivalrous Chain or Spectacles. Spike Necklace for SA only.

Rings: DEX rings are NOT ok. DEX rings are for SA only. Woodsman/Sniper's x2 depending on price, availability, how much you solo and what other jobs you have (Woodsman's are best for other jobs because other jobs can't evade to save their lives, Sniper's is best for THF because THF can actually evade.) If money is an issue, at the very least a Venerer + Woodsman/Sniper.

Waist: Life Belt. R.K. Belt +2 is utter trash and should only ever be used for SA/TA, or none at all on any other job.

Legs: Feral Trousers. Rogue's Cullotes = TA only.

Feet: Feral Ledelsens. Leaping Boots = SA/TA only.

Technically Amemet +1 would also be an improvement but it should be the very, very, very last thing you upgrade, if at all.

Basically, your problem is that you appear to be using a SA/TA setup for everything. Critical mistake. Your gear isn't too bad, not too good either.

Good luck farming.

Comment

I've heard once that while Hornetneedle is fast, that doesn't make its incredibly low damage worth it.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Well, Hornetneedle is a very solid weapon when you first get it at 48. It has more DPS than practically every dagger at that level in addition to being fast. So in that sense it's worth it. But it's definitely obsolete at 64.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Armando.

I'll definitely see about creating equipment macros for the given situation.

I might be back to evaluate the macro setups.

Thanks!

Comment

Just make a good TP set and change to that stuff for WS like everyone said
                between life belt, SH or SH+1, 2 Snipers, Specs, your akinji hands, etc you should be able to get +40 or more acc if you're into eating attack food
                viking shields are cheap and /war is epic win if your party doesn't bitch about subbing it

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                X