No announcement yet.

Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

When was THF stripped of access to Bronze bolts?

I was looking forward to starting THF and increasing my Marksmanship at level 12 with a Crossbow +1 and Bronze bolts, but now it seems I'll have to use WAR to increase Marksmanship, THF having to wait until level 15 to use any Crossbow ammunition (Blind bolts) -- and I won't be paying such a price for bolts at such an early stage in the game. I've only been playing for a week.

So is there a good reason for limiting Bronze bolts to WAR/DRK/RNG? I sure hope there is. The standard Crossbow bolts now seem pretty obsolete, as that's basically what Bronze bolts have been reduced to. Shouldn't THF's ability to use pre-15 Crossbows have been removed too, to avoid any confusion?

I don't know, perhaps I'm missing something here. Please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Lopuhr; 12-30-2007, 10:54 AM.

Re: Weapons > Amunnition > Bron- ...what?!

Thief can only equip status bolts to my knowledge from the crossbow line. As well as a few different bullets.

Comment

I guess it's always been that way? Oh well, I don't know why I thought otherwise.

Comment

THF's never been able to use them.

Can only use acid, bloody and sleep I believe.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Acid, Bloody, Blind, Venom, Sleep. ^^

Comment

I have no evidence of this, but I believe originally, THF couldn't even use Marksmanship. When it was finally added, their list of equip-able bolts was as it stands currently.
            "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

That wouldn't surprise me.

After all, ranged attacks didn't give TP originally (must have been fun for RNG >_>)

RDM apparently used to be able to equip them too. That *really* sucks that they can't anymore.

Hmm... SE should make aspir bolts O. O; that'd be great for DRK! (barring their crappy D rank)
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                I have no evidence of this, but I believe originally, THF couldn't even use Marksmanship. When it was finally added, their list of equip-able bolts was as it stands currently.
                Hmm . . . I suppose that's what happened the RDM's Marksmanship skill: THF stole it! (Ba dum dum pish!)
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me, everyone. :-)

Comment

It's not easy being a THF, because you're supposed to use marksmanship to pull, but you can't do that (or sneak attack) until level 15. So it's almost like the game for THF begins at level 15.
                    BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                    Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

You are able to use boomerangs and dart type ammo for pulling well before level 15.
                      My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                      Originally posted by Balfree
                      Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                        You are able to use boomerangs and dart type ammo for pulling well before level 15.
                        Not to mention, it is usually easier to solo to 15(even 20), than join a party.
                        FFXIV Balmung Server
                        Tenro Matashi
                        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Use blind and acid bolts in pts; if shit really hits the fan, bloody bolts are wonderful. Sleep bolt > Ichi or Sleep bolt > Run around and SAWS is godry. Level marksmanship no matter what.

fk yes

Comment

My Marksmanship's coming along fine. Level 28 now, just through general use.

Oh, and I realize that I got the level of Blind bolts wrong. They're level 10.

Also, Blind and Acid bolts are not nearly as expensive as I'd first thought them to be. Blind bolts have now dropped to the same price as Acid, 2k a stack at Bastok AH on Carbuncle. :-)
                            Last edited by Lopuhr; 01-07-2008, 04:58 AM.

Comment

buy them in quivers at the very bottom of the AH list when sorted by level, its 12 stacks combined; often for lolcheap-ragnarok changes between 15-30k for a stack of acid quivers

15k for 1188 acid bolts is just boner

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                              X