No announcement yet.

Some questions (some/all are stupid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some questions (some/all are stupid)

Personally I think the low delay craze is more about how it feels to swing faster than the actual practicality of slightly increased TP return. When there used to be a floor of 5TP per hit, this made a while lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoii/Nonomii View Post
      Here are the formulas from the wiki that I used:

Combined Delay = (Delay1 + Delay2)

Reduced Delay = Combined Delay * (1 - Dual Wield%)

Reduced Delay per Hand = Reduced Delay / 2

TP is based on the Reduced Delay per Hand

0 -180 Delay: 5.0 + [(Delay - 180) * 1.5] / 180

Example:

Harpe + Hornetneedle

Combined Delay = (210 + 150) = 360

Reduced Delay = 360 * (1 - 0.15) = 306

Reduced Delay per Hand = 153

TP per dagger = 5.0 + [(153 - 180) * 1.5] / 180 = 4.7 (4.775. but you drop anything over one decimal place)

Store TP is applied to this final value:

TP per dagger with Store TP+5 = 4.7 * 1.05 = 4.9 (4.935, but again we drop the second and third decimal places)

Getting 100TP:

4.9+4.9+1+1+1+1 (Maximum Eviseration) + 4.9 * 18 = 102

You can miss two of the +1 Eviseration hits and still get 100TP.

Also I would expect it to take closer to WS plus 10 attack rounds because you will have 1 or 2 misses.
      to work out Delay i use

210 + 210 = 420
      420 x .85 = 357
      357 / 2 = 178.5

to work out TP i use

5 + (178.5 - 180) x 6.5 / 270 = 4.9

with a full Eviseration you get 13.8 TP

100-13.8 = 86.2
      86.2 / 4.9 = 17.5 so 18
      so 18 hits and a full hit WS
      (i used Wiki's Calculations for everything but working out how to work out how many hits
      Last edited by Srxjo; 09-07-2007, 10:21 AM.
      "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
      "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
      "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Store TP adds a % not a flat amount. Store TP+5 = TP*1.05, Store TP+1 = TP*1.01
        I'm just now getting all of this right myself. Not used to dual wield.

Store TP does amazing things when heavily stacked. I have Store TP+51 on my SAM. I'm loving my 5-hit Engetsuto build (still borrowing a friend's). Penta Thrust, 4 hits, Penta Thrust ::drool::

You should see what happens with Meditate:
        Hit 103TP ... Meditate ... Penta Thrust 23TP ... Tic 43TP ... Hit 64TP ... Tic 84TP ... Tic 104TP ... Penta Thrust 23TP ... Tic 43TP ... Hit 64TP ... Tic 84TP ... Tic 104TP ... Penta Thurst 23TP
        Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 09-07-2007, 10:19 AM.

Comment

sorry about that Store TP mistake my bad, should of had checked it but i just listened to my friend that +1 = .1 TP, once again sorry, i'll go back and edit the other posts
          "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

I really think it important that everyone understands Store TP. Most people don't realize how little it takes to knock a hit off their TP building. Carbonara food (Store TP+6) is extremely nice when you can use meat and are not fighting Colibri.

Comment

could you tell me how you was working out Time part please ^^

Comment

I added it to the bottom of an earier post where I went through the calculations of TP. It is really simple. Take your reduced combined delay and divide by sixty to get the number of seconds between attack rounds.

Harpe + Hornetneedle:
                (210+150)*(1-0.15)/60=5.1 seconds
                TA + WS + 10 attack rounds = ~53 seconds between weaponskills (1 + 1 + 5.1 * 10)

Comment

Working...
                X