Gil Problem :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Problem :S

I'm a 69 thief and I'm usually broke.. Ppl say "OMG LMFAOR OFDk GRRR YOU'RE DA POOREST THF IVE EVER SEEN" so...

So what lol? The highest amount of money ive ever got in my pockets was 400k and i got it by dropping astral ring from lv50BCNM Treasures and tribulations solo.. I think I need to use THF's "earning money" advantages but I hate farming for hours and earning low gil like Cockatrice Meat etc. Any suggestions?

Re: Gil Problem :S

Search Function.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

HELM. Flee is a wonderful thing.
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Sorry for my noob question... And thanks for great answers!

Comment

Don't worry. One time I had a 75 PLD helping me, and at the time he only had about 1k.

Comment

Gritting your teeth and farming does seem to be the most consistent gil-maker.
            =/

fk yes

Comment

It's even better if you can synth those materials you farm into high-selling/fast-moving goods!

Example: With TH2, you'll likely get good drop rates on horns and skins from rams. Well, rather then just selling those, why not synth them into leather and other goods?
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Due to the fact that every farmable item is dropping to no value very fast-I've been debating about the fang finder quest

fk yes

Comment

Silk Thread from crawlers in Rolanbury Fields (and a few other hideaways) is a decient sell with T2 to make the drop rate bearable. Reason I mention the fields is as long as you can kill them rapidly there is less competion after the same mobs as there would be outside of Windurst allowing more rapid filling of inventory.

Raptor skins is a good selling drop at 25-30k a stack, but a drop rate I've never had any luck with.

Elementals dropping 1-3 clusters aren't as good curently due to crystals being 700 gil- 1k, but it does sell quickly for fast money if you have the slots open and they do add up.

Always remember to steal a silver or better beastman coin each time your steal counter is up from the available goblins, Quadaf exc in the area. For a laugh I also use mug, but hey it's free gil so I can't complain too much.

I'ld sugest raising your ranger to increase your widescan it is invaluable for finding mobs as soon as they pop and don't kill your drop rates with train farming. (I've tested with Yagadu out of boredom while getting Norge fame. At 3 or 4 kills at a time or more the drop rate realy does go down as opposed to throw kill, throw kill, throw kill. It's very satisfying to see a army of crawlers, yag exc drop with a cyclone blade, but other than trying to drive other farmers out of an area or relieve stress it's not as efficient as quick kill next, quick kill. You also delay the repop and have to wait for the next harvest rather than running a circle continiously for more drops).
                  Last edited by Theyaden; 08-19-2007, 05:47 AM.

Comment

My open secret lately is Tigers XD They make good Quick gill if you use the Black Tiger Fangs for the Sandy fame quest "Tiger's Teeth"
                    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                    (have fun MMO players ^^)
                    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

And the FFXI economy has officially gone back to when I was a 30 something BLM, wasting time in a sweet tiger spot with a 50ish DRG. Great.

Comment

I know it's somewhat looked down on picking other people's coffers...
                        But that's how I make my consistent income occasionally >.>;

What?
                        I'm a Thief.

Bite me.

Gigant axes, for some reason are always in high demand and sell decently.
                        And the only way you can actually get them are amazingly simple for THF...if they'd just use their noggin's.
                        "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

Do BCNM's on full moon.

Most of the time i craft, but that's not something people like to do. So try sticking with the first one. But crafting is good if ya know what i mean, nothing bad about it lol.

Also that "Tiger's Teeth" quest go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post
                            I know it's somewhat looked down on picking other people's coffers...
                            But that's how I make my consistent income occasionally >.>;
                            What?
                            I'm a Thief.
                            Bite me.
                            Gigant axes, for some reason are always in high demand and sell decently.
                            And the only way you can actually get them are amazingly simple for THF...if they'd just use their noggin's.
                            lol Life belts in fei'yin ftw

fk yes

Comment

Working...
                            X