Would /WAR be okay 37-45?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would /WAR be okay 37-45?

Having leveled NIN to 18 just to have something aside from WAR to sub for my THF, I thought I was only going to take it to 37 for sub uses. But...

I'm having WAY too much fun! So on second thought, I wanna take it to 45 at least, to make use of TH2. My only problem is, I would have to take NIN to 22.

Please, oh please don't take me back there. It was hell. The cost of Shihei, the damn back-up tank who would never listen, the fact all the equipment I brought for it, would finally be sold back for a month... I HAD TO WAIT A MONTH FOR MY MONEY BACK BECAUSE OF UNDER-CUTTERS.

Ahem. Anywho, I'm just wondering if people would find that acceptable. I can already imagine the scenario of the leader asking if I can sub NIN instead, only to tell him I can't, and poof, gone like a flash.
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Re: Would /WAR be okay 37-45?

There is an extremly high likelihood that if you take any melee job to 75 you'll be requested to have /nin available. /Nin is a usefull job for most mage jobs from time to time as well. And if you do decide to take thf to 75 you'll be expected to /nin 90%+ of the time.

Most jobs do not benifit as much as they think pre-50 where you get dual wield 2 trait, but thf actually does. Since they act primarily as a puller most of thier career, avoiding the first few hits from a mob on the way back from count is helpful in prolonging mage's mp and thus the chains.

Some jobs are rarely requested to /nin, sam, drg, pld (for exp in most cases). But there may be times when /nin will help. I would think primarily for low-man events to avoid taking extra damage.

There will of course be cost, and the main thing taking it to 37 will be the Utsusemi:Ni scroll, which runs about 550K on my server. Tools and food cost add up over time as well. But there will be cost to everyjob, so surely that isn't a new concept.

Honestly, I'd encourage you to level nin to at least 37. You can hold off on the main purchase of Utsusemi:Ni till you have a melee job at 74 that would require it. But, in my opinion, by not having all the commonly requested subs available will only lower your invite rate, and personally shows a lack of intrest in playing the job in it's known capacities. This isn't to say other subs, even unorthadox ones don't preform well in certain situations, but best to have your bases covered and go from there.

Comment

Personally I would sub RNG from 20-29 and then use WAR from 30 and on.

Utsusemi is nice, but THF already has A+ Evasion which most of the time should be enough. Dual-wield only reduces your delay by 10% and adds an extra hit on WS.

RNG sub beats the hell out of /NIN in my opinion for 20-29 since you get the +10 accuracy bonus which is great for landing acid bolts. Popping acid bolts on the mob for -12.5% defense is going to help a lot more than shadows, especially against crabs and pugils in qufim.

Berserk is where it's at too once you're 30. If you can land hits just fine, you'll be able to churn out some sick damage with meat and warrior sub by 33. Viper Bite doubles your attack rating, so if you've got meat and berserk up when you go to SATA Viper Bite, don't be surprised if you hit 700 damage or more on a bat.

I've seen people do this and it's absolutely insane damage for those levels. Fact is /WAR is perfectly acceptable to 75 on THF. NIN is a purely defensive sub that doesn't help too much until 50+ or if you're pulling something very fast like a puk or raptor.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

/war
        Berserk is 4882394829384 times more useful for thf (or any melee ><), than stupid Utsu (Not really, but it's not as needed as ppl are convinced) except maybe for pulling raptors (do ppl even level on those anymore?)
        @75 thf/nin with no real +att gear (since everyone loves haste amirite?) leaves you with ~350 att, which for a melee is disgusting. Eat attack food, and use berserk, and you'll put up ridiculous WS numbers and be pulling hate from swinging your dagger for so hard. Just make sure you trick your WS or else you're gonna die in 5 secs. Don't worry though since 99% of idiots /nin with sole sushi and SA DE for 800 then TA for 250 and you're gonna TA SB for 1100 and SA for 500. Sub warrior whenever you can, if ppl bitch, prove to them it's good.

Edit: don't eat att food if you can't hit the mob, make sure your +acc is good enough.
        Last edited by 711rocks; 08-05-2007, 05:29 PM.

fk yes

Comment

As usual, this boils down to the power of the Idiocracy.

On the one hand, everyone thinks you should sub nin (though with THF, this is probably less pronounced). On the other hand is what's actually best performance-wise.

The answer to the universe is that starting at level 33, Warrior is the best all around sub you can have (short of soloing). Nothing will up your damage more.

Believe it or not, you don't need shadows to pull. And you'll be using Trick Attack. Not like you'll be getting hate much.

It's anecdotal evidence, but I had a party @75 the other night with 2x THF. Similar equipment. One was /nin and one was /war. the /war did close to double damage. He got hate somewhat frequently, for sure (we were playing with Pld/Blu), but with some evasion merits, he parsed 40% evasion rate. You realize how nuts that is? Shadows only gave me 70% Absorption rate (Lufaise birds take them down fast). Imagine if he actually swapped into an evasion set every time he got hate.

P.S.
          You'll have to level nin to 37 anyway. See Necropolis.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Utsusemi is nice, but THF already has A+ Evasion which most of the time should be enough.
            At lower levels maybe, but when you start pulling raptors, torama, perytons, puks, or any fast moving/attack mobs you'llw ant Utsusemi.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitoki View Post
              At lower levels maybe, but when you start pulling raptors, torama, perytons, puks, or any fast moving/attack mobs you'llw ant Utsusemi.

Someone missed the last segment of my post
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I said that too, but having thought about, no one levels in non-toau areas anymore anyway-you'll be fine without shadows.

fk yes

Comment

or striders!
                  Grant me wings so I may fly;
                  My restless soul is longing.
                  No Pain remains no Feeling~
                  Eternity Awaits.

Comment

I really hated leveling nin too, absolutely detested it and couldn't stand even playing it. But, I leveled it to 37 and I am so glad I did, /NIN is good for pretty much any job, especially 74+ with Utsu: Ni. It's expensive but it is worth leveling so I'd stay stick with it and level nin.

Comment

Working...
                    X