Sata??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sata??

I'm working on leveling all of my jobs to 37 and was wondering if anyone could explain how SATA works and how it helps lock hate on pld, I only have access to this website at work so I can't view any links. I have been in very few pts with thf so I haven't really been able to see it done. I would really like any explaination I could get at least then I would have an idea of how it works and how to do it when I get a party.

Created by Eohmer
    IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BST IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE BST!

Re: Sata??

How it basically works is you have the Thf, Tank, and pre-voker. They stand in a line like this:

(thf)(tank) (mob) (pv)

When the mob comes into camp the pre-voker "vokes" the mob so that it is facing them. The tank will then stand directly behind the mob. The thf stands directly behind the tank. Then you will be able to SATA the tank.

The way I see most Thf's do this is to save their TP for SATA. Also, they usually will use Sneak Attack followed by Trick attack before even engaging the mob. That way, it won't be wasted on a regular attack. Or you can just have a macro setup for SATA + WS. Whichever one your more comfortable with.

And just to be thorough, SA will give you a huge boost in your crit attack when behind the enemy and Trick Attack tricks the mob into thinking that whoever the Thf was standing behind did it. That is how it locks in the hate.
    You kill one man, your a murderer
    Kill many and your a conquerer
    Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Basically,

Sneak Attack works by being behind the enemy.

Trick Attack works by behind behind someone.

SATA works by behind someone that's standing behind the enemy.

You Tank Enemy Damage Dealer
      O----Meatshield------E--------O

All the hate and damage from Sneak Attack would be transferred to the Tank instead, thusly holding hate better.

Thief works better with a Ninja than a Paladin. Odd as it seems, Paladin can hold hate better than a Ninja.

Later on, you can do hide + sneak attack while standing in front of your enemy and it would work. (I think that's how it's done, I've havn't gotten my Thief that high yet)
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

FFXIclopedia's entry on SATA.
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Thanks DrivenTooFar and Omniblast.

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
          FFXIclopedia's entry on SATA.
          I said in the original post I can only access this web page????

Created by Eohmer
          IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE BST IN THE FIGHT, BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE BST!

Comment

Oh, sorry; missed that part. Why not wait until after work, though?
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
            X