worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worth it?

I played a theif up to about 28 or so, I cant clearly remember(like most things).

But at that level i couldnt see how i was in any way contributing to the party, add that on top of the fact that parties didnt want me to begin with.

When does this job get useful, if it ever does?

Re: worth it?

well i dont know much about this than just what ive seen PTing but i can tell 1 thing...SATA is awsome the DMG u can made doing that is pretty nice and getting to 37 and using as a /sub maybe could be better and if u sub it with DRK/ u can do a lot DMG so i think it worth the time

Comment

Alright well i just felt unsure about taking it up again since it didnt seem like i was doing shit in a party, i didnt see any damage being done, i felt like dead weight and like none of the other party members wanted me. haha. its kind of depressing when you sit around in kazham for 4 hours LFG

Comment

A well set up THF always contributes to damage. Often, they are called upon to pull ("fish")--doesn't sound like much, but a good puller can really push a decent party into getting great exp.

At Lv.30, THF gets Trick Attack, which greatly helps the tank in the party to keep the monster in place, if used correctly. (Usually by combining it with Sneak Attack to plant a big damage move on the monster and "blame" it on the tank.) This is a task no one but a THF can do until Lv.60, and is possibly the most important thing

Treasure Hunter trait also helps the party to get more drops from the monsters killed, though I'm sure many would say that's not important.

A good THF can contribute much to parties--a bad THF is just a dead weight with Treasure Hunter. (Cooperation from party limits how good a THF can be, though.)
        Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
        yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
        Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
        leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

It sounds like i should go for another job then, i dont want to fuck up parties and take forever to level man, that shits not for me haha.

Comment

Originally posted by norbin View Post
            i didnt see any damage being done
            Are you using Sneak Attack? Stacking ssing Sneak Attack with a correct weaponskills such as Fast Blade, Combo, or Shadowstitch? (At L.v33, it's all about SATA + Viper Bite, but you have a few choices before that.)

With party cooperation, a good THF can be a top tier DD from Lv.15 to 40 easily.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Hopefully your going swords, since until Viper Sting daggers basically aren't top notch for main hand. At level 24 going /NIN is the popular setup, since shadows will help when you get hate with SA and the dual wield helps your DoT. THF's really start shining at 30 when you get Trick Attack, which when combined with Sneak Attack makes tanking so much easier.
              Cleverness - Hades
              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

I am 74thf (4k from 75 ^^), 75war, 75nin and a few other jobs. I can say THF is probably the best job i've leveled.

Being useful in party all depends on how you play the job. Remember the basics and you will always contribute to the party in a valuable way.

DEX for Sneak Attack, AGI for Trick Attack(only relevant 60+, even then though... ) DEX is very easy to come by at early levels and this fact makes THF a very very powerful source of dmg for levels 15-40ish.

DEX for Viper Bite and Dancing Edge, STR for Shark Bite and Evisceration.

You'll have to keep good gear equipped but as you level, it gets easier and more profitable to farm things as THF, so don't gimp yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by norbin View Post
                  It sounds like i should go for another job then, i dont want to fuck up parties and take forever to level man, that shits not for me haha.
                  you know you are playing FFXI right?

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                  X