X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Hunter PT.

Salutations.

Eauijhkuu Here.

I've had this really interesting idea in my head for a while, ever since I started playing this game. It involves taking a full party of LV15+ Thieves and head to and farm an object to see how frequently the item drops.

I don't personally think that TH Stacks per se : TH + TH doesn't = TH LV2. But I do think that it stacks, in the sense that TH + TH = higher percentage chance of items dropping.

My current drop theory is dependant upon the number of people inside of a party; everyone seems to make a roll for a particular drop item. It's kinda evident whenever you do your EXP parties, especially if you have your signet/sanction spell up.

So I would like to think that a party full of THs would acquire more drops than that which doesn't necessarily have the trait.

Has anyone attempted this sometime in their career?
    If so, what results did you find?

And if not, does it sound like a valid thinking process?
    I'm interested in hearing some feedback. Lemme know what you think.
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Re: Treasure Hunter PT.

Originally posted by Eauijhkuu View Post
    Salutations.

Eauijhkuu Here.

I've had this really interesting idea in my head for a while, ever since I started playing this game. It involves taking a full party of LV15+ Thieves and head to and farm an object to see how frequently the item drops.

I don't personally think that TH Stacks per se : TH + TH doesn't = TH LV2. But I do think that it stacks, in the sense that TH + TH = higher percentage chance of items dropping.

My current drop theory is dependant upon the number of people inside of a party; everyone seems to make a roll for a particular drop item. It's kinda evident whenever you do your EXP parties, especially if you have your signet/sanction spell up.

So I would like to think that a party full of THs would acquire more drops than that which doesn't necessarily have the trait.

Has anyone attempted this sometime in their career?
    If so, what results did you find?

And if not, does it sound like a valid thinking process?
    I'm interested in hearing some feedback. Lemme know what you think.
    If this was the case, thfs would be running everywhere in Dynamis runs and AF2 would drop like raindrops. Maybe the drop rate might be a little bit higher, but I'd highly doubt it.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Even with TH2, things don't always drop like crazy.
      But with a higher percentage, you'd get a better chance of rates dropping.

But I guess you do have a valid point.
      THF parties would be rampant in Dynamis...

But for the same reason people consider DRG as gimp...
      My question is how many adept players have actually tried it.
      "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

Everything that could be tested about TH has been tested or answered at one point or another.

Some simple fact/theories about Treasure Hunter Ive come to understand:
        No one knows how Treasure Hunter works, SE refuses to tell players.
        The Theory is TH adds a % increase to drop rates.
        No one knows how much TH and TH2 give.
        SE has stated that as long as a THF in in the PT and active in the fight, TH is working.
        TH does not stack.
        People have tested TH+ items to give 1% increase to drop rates.
        Despite popular myths there is no such thing as a TH3 or TH4 Job Trait because the Treasure Hunter + items do not say 'Treasure Hunter II +1'. So people who say they have TH3/4 are just stating they have TH+ items, not a new Job Trait.
        Treasure Hunter assists with drop rates, but does not make something drop.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

I'm pretty sure that drop checks are made for each member in the active party that killed the enemy (and are within range of the kill I'd suspect)

The problem with Af2 is the rates are already so damned low it does not make much of a difference ; ;

This can be easily proved with crystals; alone, a mob will only ever drop up to 1, but with 6 people in the PT up to 6 can drop, therefor a "roll" is made for each participant. If only we could pin down these rates > . >
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I don't know if Treasure Hunter = TH stacks but i was camping Thief's Knife i claim and a THF with TH+3 and me with TH+3 help me kill it and it drop after 2 or 3 month, i come back with 2 friends i was teaching them how to camp the NM one with TH+3, 2nd with TH+2 and me with TH+4 and he pop we kill it and pop a Thief's Knife Soo what do you have to tell about that?

sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by neokyo View Post
              I don't know if Treasure Hunter = TH stacks but i was camping Thief's Knife i claim and a THF with TH+3 and me with TH+3 help me kill it and it drop after 2 or 3 month, i come back with 2 friends i was teaching them how to camp the NM one with TH+3, 2nd with TH+2 and me with TH+4 and he pop we kill it and pop a Thief's Knife Soo what do you have to tell about that?

sorry for my english
              Luck....

TH i really honestly think it doesn't work...SE doesn't give a lot of info on it. They just say it increases drop rates on an item...I have Thf at 30 and have TH it honetsly it took about 12+ times for Orctrap to drop Nikkaroie for my Nin...So in my eyes TH is just another JA SE implemented and didn't put much thought or effort into it....but if i'm wrong and dark as nite...I'm one noctunral son of a gun...lol

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

i believe TH doesn't stack, as for the items it could be that every item have it's own % of droping, TH just increases the %.
                People have tested TH+ items to give 1% increase to drop rates.
                that test was on spiders in the Boy.Tree only.
                to support my % theory, Labyrinith lizards in the Crawler's nest drop Eggs,Skins and tails like crazy with TH2 like X4 eggs X2 skins and X2 tails from one mob, that happens alot with TH2, without TH2 they drop X4 eggs,X2 skins and X2 tails too but not as frequent as on TH2.
                sorry for my bad english.

Dragoon
                75 | Beastmaster75 | Thief69

Comment

I think TH does something, but not much. I notice a difference when I'm farming beehive chips and silks, but besides that I don't notice a difference what so ever anywhere else.
                  Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

After all this time we dont even have figured if the THF in the party must really be "active in the fight" as SE said? Or can just be in the area at the zone?
                    Or is the limit the distance, the same one you would see or not the "you are too far from the fight to gain experience"? (which would make sense).

I will go to Giddeus where TH1 as a clear impact on Yagudo necklace drops, and do some stats for a definitive answer...! stay tuned!

-Joe42

Comment

the thf just has to be in the party, in the same zone. Doesnt have to be doing anything.

Originally posted by SevIfrit
                      we asked for more wyvern control the give us emotes.... /em slams head off desk...

Comment

Unless SE comes out right and tells us how it works, there will *never* be a definitive answer as to how it works. Too many things can, and possibly do, affect drop rates. Some of which we players have zero control of. All I do know is that it *does* work. Go farm slimes and rams with and without TH and you'll see a difference.

But from my understanding, no, it does not stack.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Im under the impression Thfs knife NM either drops Gold Coin or the Knife. TH has no effect on it.
                          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                          Woodworking 91.9+2
                          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I was testing Treasure Hunter stack, I was farming at Attohwa Chasm for High-Quality Antlion Jaw, with my friend from LS that haves TH+4 to in same party, we kill 11 Trench Antlion and we get 8 drops so that was 8 out of 11, i come the next day solo this time, i kill 11 and only get 5 drops.
                            ¿What do you think about this?

I din't test this but have you THFs never THF burn at Lufaise Meadows with Birds?
                            you get alot of feathers or not? and have you never come as the only THF and get only like 2 out of 7 feathers?

sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostraven View Post
                              the thf just has to be in the party, in the same zone. Doesnt have to be doing anything.
                              I've done this before, I was farming Yagudo necklaces for Clothcrafting at the start of my venture into the craft, and my lvl 42THF friend was kind enough to leave her char logged in, in my party, in the zone.

Necklaces dropped so fast they were falling out of my ears.

Another day, I went alone and the drop rate was very very very... not fast at all. >.<

http:// cerberusatemycookies.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X