• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hume-Mithra comparison o.O

Not so much, no.

Comment

Yea the alla stats go completely out of whack after lv60. All the stat equations from lvl to lvl change drastically.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

I am 75 mithra thief and right now my base stats as THF/NIN are:

STR-62
        DEX-80
        VIT-62
        AGI-76
        INT-66
        MND-48
        CHR-46

DEX is not 82 as previously posted.

Comment

Originally posted by SAVAGE View Post
          I am 75 mithra thief and right now my base stats as THF/NIN are:
          STR-62
          DEX-80
          VIT-62
          AGI-76
          INT-66
          MND-48
          CHR-46
          DEX is not 82 as previously posted.
          Nor is it 94. :3

Also, the slight boost to STR is welcome for the hume. Lots of end game thfs like STR/attack, and personally, I think if you only care about SATA for damage, and ignore your dagger damage, you're not doing your best (run-on sentence?). And there's always Lordwafik with Mandau talking about how he prefers Strength for Mercy Stroke >.>;; but that's a thought that really has no bearing for someone thinking about creating a character.
          "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

+43 STR and +32? DEX ftw <.<

I have like 72 base STR I think... dont remmeber DEX and I cant access game atm. My college tech guys blocked the ports.

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

This game is not based on being the best but playing what you want to be ^^
              "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
              "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
              "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

Skill>Gear>Race in general. However, if you take the same player, with the same skill and put him behind the controls of a Hume THF, and then an equally equiped Mithra THF, they should perform better as the Mithra based on the stats. I do not think that it would be an "OMFG!" difference though. Bottom line - as others have already said, go with what makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaku View Post
                  Skill>Gear>Race
                  Bottom line - as others have already said, go with what makes you happy.
                  QFT

Dont fall into the race trap. Im following on another forum where they are going on and on about Mithra > all which is utter crap. People have already shown that given the ideal equipment, conditions, the difference between damages on races for a weapon skill output is less than 40...

Less than... 40

whup... teefuckin... doo

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Yeah what everyone esle is sayin.

I have a Mithra and a Hume My Mithra is a RDM/BLM (Why the hell I did that I dunno but *Shrug* )

My Hume is (well was) a THF/BLM and I've easily reached lvl 20 without noticing any real differance between his stats and my Mithra's stats (Hey they both are usin swords) Frankly yeah my Hume does more damage but my Mithra doesn't miss/get hit as often.

If you really look at all the stats all the characters are equal in the end if one exels in one stat another will make up for it by exeling in another stat.

I never pay attention to Stats to be honest.

Strictly stat based Galka would be the best WARs, Mithra would be the best THFs, Tarutaru would be the best RDM/WHM/BLMs etc..

I don't care for Tarus or Galka myself and the Elvaan just bother the hell out of me... Can't stand the Hume girls soo hehe I always play Hume Male or Mithra no matter what job I want to play.

Comment

When you're doing level capped missions, such as promyvion, and things related to the such, Race will probably come into a slight marginal factor.

But overall, any class can play any job.

I have a ton of friends who play Galka mages. While they won't have the max potential of a taru, they're still very good players.

Also, you might want to consider the style of class you're looking for.

Elvaan, while not necessarily the best choice for THF due to the low DEX and AGI, is really potent when it comes to STR and DoT.

Galka, while not the best choice for AGI at all, is pretty wicked when it comes to HP and durability.

So yeah. It's all about preference, and realizing the small limitations and advantages that you'll have when starting out.
                      But more reliance is put on gear than mostly anything else.

I'll be frank and know that there's no way I should exceed a Mithra's SATA WS damage if they're wearing the same exact outfit I'm wearing. And I've got some pretty wicked mods to my DEX, AGI, and ATT.
                      "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidedust View Post
                        You got your main stats quite a lot off from what they actually are, here you have the correct stats.
                        --------------------------------------------
                        Mithra's stats at 75/37 sub nin
                        STR 62
                        DEX 82
                        VIT 62
                        AGI 76
                        INT 66
                        MND 48
                        CHR 46
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Hume's stats at 75/37 sub nin
                        STR 65
                        DEX 74
                        VIT 65
                        AGI 71
                        INT 66
                        MND 51
                        CHR 52
                        -----------------------------------------------
                        Which makes the total diffrence 13 in both stats.
                        8 and 5 difference in DEX and AGI.
                        I don't think that's quite right for hume 75thf/nin. I'm a 75 mithra war/nin and I'm dating a 75 hume thf/nin. I can't check at the moment, cause I'm on my hume monk, but I'm 99% sure that my 75war/nin's dex is 74 and I know for a fact that my mithra war's Base DEX is a little higher than her hume thf's base DEX. I'm less sure about this, but I also think my base AGI is higher, too.

It's actually fun being a mithra non-thf hanging around non-mithra thfs. I upset a taru thf once when he found out my lv60 mithra RDM/BLM had more base DEX than his lv60 Taru THF/NIN.

I, personally, think mithra is the better choice for thf, but then, I think mithra is a slightly better choice for every melee DD job except maybe sam and drk. We tend to average about 10 more dex than anyone else starting around lv25-30, and that's about 5 more acc, as well as an increase in critical hit rate. But yes, as has been stated, race is the least important factor in doing a job well.

Also of note, hume has some very nice gear to help make up for their dexterous deficiency. One of the nicest pieces of THF gear I've seen is lv27 hume RSE Gloves. +3 str, +3 dex. Hume RSE Boots are also a decent alternative to Leaping Boots with +3 agi (though they do have -1 dex, too). If I recall correctly, the Hume RSE2 boots (around lv62) are +3 str, +3 dex, and +3 agi.
                        Randomn00b gets hit for 5 damage.
                        Randomn00b: HEAL ME PLZ
                        Katrina: ....
                        Randomn00b gets hit repeatedly for various amounts of damage and eventually dies.
                        Katrina: Ooops, did you want me to heal you? =O I'm so sorry. You shoulda said something. =(

Comment

given the exact same skil,l Combat skill, lvl, sub, dex based equipment, and merits yes a Mithra THF > Hume THF

theres allot to be said for player skill tho, as long as u pay attention in every fight and do your honest best, no one will fault you (unless they are a big fat meanie head)

play the job you like and the race you like, this game is a drug you will be playing it non-stop, play the way that makes you have the most fun or you will regret it

and on another note >.>;; STR is nice for tp setup but.... +42dex on SA macro FTW!! >.>;; sorry i had to

Comment

It's great that you want to contribute, but please check the last post dates of the threads you're responding to. Many of these conversations are long over.

Comment

Working...
                            X