Black Cotehardie
    Rogue's Armlets
    Deft Ring x2
    Royal Knight's Belt +2

Food
    Sole Sushi

PT setup
    PLD/THF/DRK/SMN/RDM/BLM

We were fighting Goblins & Catoblepas in Bibiki Bay (G-9/G-10). I'm embarrassed to say my damage in the PT was just pathetic. My SA+DE & TA+DE did an average of 250 dmg against both mob types & I was missing often. I can't afford a Scorpion Harness. Any suggestions I could do as a THF?
    FFXIclopedia page

Re: Crap damage in Bibiki Bay

Hm........I don't remeber doing so poorly. Mine was around the 500-900 mark at least.

Try to grind it out to 68 and try out a Harpe, you might notice something

Comment

THF/NIN 67
      Found the problem, chief!

On a more serious note, if you're noting you're missing a lot, that's probably your problem. If you can't afford your own SH, ask around, most likely one of your friends has one they don't use, that you can borrow. If not, i'd try to get one yourself, SH really shines on THF.

Comment

1. Get rid of the outdated Corsair's Knife and get a Cermet Kukri +1.
        2. Sub WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Maju
          2. Sub WAR.
          Indeed. If you're lacking attack and STR, maybe /WAR is better for this kind of THF. I've known of one THF/WAR who stayed that way to 75. Was impressing people left and right with numbers which were more consistent than as /NIN. Maybe Mayu's on to something here.

Comment

Agreed, try going /WAR. No real need for /NIN against those mobs. They are not fast mobs, so Utsu should not be needed for pulls. Gob Bombs may worry you, but you have multiple people who can Stun in that PT, so Gob Bombs should be rare. I think the first practical step in improving your damage out put is going /WAR.

Comment

as far as multi-hit WS like DE go, i watch my TP return to judge my gear setup.

How much tp return are you getting after a 250DE?

Comment

Keep some acc gear on for DE, SA only makes the first hit land. There are 5 other swings, with nin sub and no Trip Att, to account for which would boost your dmg more then any Dex bonus.

Also, sub War and get a stronger Dagger.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

umm is it just me but at 67, why are you not using shark bite for more consistent dmg? as far as sh goes, i really dont think thats the issue. your gear seems pretty typical.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I was here last night, /war and yellow curry ftw in this place. The other thf had better gear then I but used sushi and was /nin, I consistently did over 300 more damage then her per ws. When fighting the birds SADE did over 1000 w/o TA. The gobs were generally 750+

fk yes

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                      umm is it just me but at 67, why are you not using shark bite for more consistent dmg?
                      We weren't doing skillchains, we were just spamming WSs when we got TP. From my farming experience, Dancing Edge always did more damage than Shark Bite, so I assumed it would be the same result in the PT.
                      FFXIclopedia page

Comment

Originally posted by Joon
                        We weren't doing skillchains, we were just spamming WSs when we got TP. From my farming experience, Dancing Edge always did more damage than Shark Bite, so I assumed it would be the same result in the PT.
                        DE will usually deal more damage unless you're overcamping and the mobs are too high level for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon
                          yea, but its obvious that you are having some acc problems with DE since its hitting for so low. Sharkbite would have been a better and more consistent alternative.
                          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Multi hit weapon skills are always stronger against weaker enemies, and can do a lot of damage to stronger enemies, but it would really depend on all hits landing. Single or double hit weapon skils usually make up for the lack of hits in their overall damage, and are more reliable when fighting stronger enemies.

Penta Thrust was always a good example, strongest WS a Drg has when farming or messing around, but weakest in EXP situations unless you're fighting enemies weak to piercing.

Comment

Genrally I'd go /war or /drg in bibiki bay, /nin is too horrible for dmg on ws there >.< . Mainhand garuda's dagger, strike shield off, +13 atk. Melee, tiger gloves, coral earrings, dex rings, rapparee harness. SATA/DE/SH gear i'd use- rings i'd use are rouge's armlets, wing earrings and moon rings, body jaridah peti. Food squid sushi, generally 900+ at my best (if at the 100% even tp modifier for DE or using Hide on a gob to do SATADE/SB). Waiting to get 68 to test out hopless harpe dmg. My question, were the mobs being debuffed with Dia and choke (vit down)? If so, then obvious reason i can think of, you might not got the timing betwen SATA and ws correctly and a melee hit could happen inbetween them. (Happened several times due to lag >.<)
                              Edit: oh yea, i've also kept life belt on at all times :x
                              Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Working...
                              X