X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Types VS. Damage Penatlies & Modifiers

Salutations.

Many of you who have played THF have noticed that we aren't necessarily the greatest DoT rating out of most Physical DDs, and in order to make large ammounts of damage, we rely on Dexterity and Agility for Ranged attacks and Sneak Attack + Trick Attack to make our opposition break.

Many have also probably noticed different resistances and bonuses that are affected by certain weapons - Penalty to skeletons with dagger or sword, bonus to Birds when using daggers. Bonus to Skeletons when using hand-to-hand or club/mace.

So guys. I guess my main question would be, What do you consider dagger dam_type to be? I would assume it piercing, yet almost 80% of the dagger WS are slashing. I've began to question this when I was fighting slimes, and noticed that I hit for the same damage as a MNK, (While I thought slimes were vulnerable to piercing weapons). Perhaps it is that slimes are vulnerable to long_piercing and not short_piercing.

Any advice or clarification concerning weapons and their damage types would greatly be apprectiated. ^_^
    "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Re: Weapon Types VS. Damage Penatlies & Modifiers

Some guy (Over at KI, prolly) tested his paladin with Joyeuse in Limbus. There are mobs in there that are weak only to piercing and take 0 damage from every other damage type. Joyeuse is a sword, but it's also piercing type, so it would damage these creatures. However, all of his WSs did 0 damage because (he believes, as do I) that sword WSs are Slashing type, regardless of weapon.

Could it stand to reason that thf WSs are the same way? I don't know why they would do that, but it seems possible...
    "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Awesome.

This kinda supports my theory about some hand to hand as being blunt and piercing as well as some daggers being as Slashing and Piercing as well.

And since S-E doesn't seem to have any way to identify object's statistics completely, guess I'll just have to test and see for my self.

thanks for the info.
      "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

DRGs using blunt Polearms still do piercing damage on their WS. Dagger/Knife WS will always be piercing. Also, slimes aren't vulnerable to any weapon type, they have a resistance against all weapons; they have less resistance against one, I can't remember which, but they still resist all weapons

Comment

I believe all Dagger WS are peirce, with the evidence that THFs do higher damage to any flying mob and that being able to do two different types of damage with one weapon would be an unfair advantage. Imagine MNKs being able to do peirce damage with bladed knuckle weapons. (Which would make sense given how some of the models look.)

Jelly's are resistant to all physical damage, I think, with their only weakness being magic damage.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Working...
          X