This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Hunter Questions

Ok so I'm leveling up THF pretty well, It's at level 14 and I only need 2k until it reaches level 15 and I was talking with a friend and I told him once I hit 15 I would go to Sarutabaruta and farm crawlers for Silk Thread drops. Then he says that it doesn't work on Cralwers and sometimes most monsters, but will always work on NMs. At this point I really don't care about NMs and I just want the silk thread since I'm pretty damn poor. So I'm just asking is this true? He has level 18 thf.
    37WHM/25BRD/17BLM/16THF/07WAR/05MNK All other Jobs 1.

Gilgamesh Server
    Rank5

Re: Treasure Hunter Questions

There's always been a lot of myths surrounding Treasure Hunter... "It doesn't affect Rare drops," for example. "It's affected by Moon phase." "TH1 is for normal items, TH2 is for Rare items." I do believe it affects normal drops (including Silk Threads.) Also, there was once a thread where someone did an experiment, by killing Berry Grubs in VERY large ammounts. The results showed that the higher the degree of TH, the more Silk Threads were obtained. It wasn't a very large lead, but I believe the person without TH, the person with TH1, and the person with TH2 were about 10-15 drops apart from each other (out of a total of around 100.) I don't think anyone knows for certain why TH1 and TH2 show up separately on the traits and how each one affects Rare items, but I'm fairly certain it'll improve your normal item rate.

Comment

It gets shaky when you say "rare" items. Do you mean actually Rare items that NM's drop or just normal drop items that rarely drop, i.e. giant stingers from bees and silk thread from crawlers. I really can't say for sure on Rare items from NM's since it would take a lot of kill of the same NM with no TH, TH1, and TH2 to come up with any real numbers. However, on any normal drop items, it most certainly makes a difference. The reason people don't think it does is b/c, on items like silk thread, the drop rate is so low that even a 100% increase in drop rate isnt anything astronomical. I can tell you (and this is eyeballing drop rates, not running parsers, so its not anywhere near exact) that having TH1 while farming bees most definately makes a notable increase in drop rates of beehive chips. The nice thing about bees, unlike crawlers, is that there are several low level areas where you can find them in great numbers, very close together. W/o TH1, I think at most killing roughly 120 an hour, I could get maybe 1-1.5 stacks of beehive chips. With TH1, killing the same number of bees I could easily get 3 stacks of beehive chips, plus a stack of honey and a stack of insect wings. (Note: the actual number I killed in an hour isnt for sure, its been a long time since I farmed them.) I think it would be safe to say TH1 in effect doubles the drop rate of items.
      I couldn't say for sure one way or the other, but I think the whole moon phase thing actually sounds fairly reliable. It seems moon phase affects just about every other aspect of the game, I could easily see it affecting drop rates.

Again, just so everyone is clear (the site has a history of very hardcore numbers people) its been awhile since I've farme bees and the numbers are rought at best. What I do know is that TH does make a definate difference in drop rates. I just think its effect is more noticable on some items than others.
      I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

I meant Rare as in can-only-hold-one-of-this-item-Rare, which generally applies to NM drops. Yeah, that one's always been up in the air. But my girlfriend farms every now and then, or we'll farm together, and I have noticed a difference (also eyeballing.) Like Caspian said, it's not astronomical, but it's there, and it helps.

Comment

What needs to be done is to ask her to farm alone and then compare maybe farming with you, if i remember right the more people there are, the more often a mob will drop more goods. :x

Comment

If you go back and Read what book's say about TH you would mostly get it. TH gives you a better % of getting rare drops.At first i wanted to try this on my own so i got on a 57 THF of mine and started farming, i didnt do too well. Then i went on my RDM and started farming (rdm/whm) and i got 3 or 4 More silk in the same time. (2 hours)

Comment

some times TH seems to have almost the exact effect, bcuz you are expecting great results.
              But as a 75 thf, i have found that i have great luck with nm's (1/1 on moldivite earring), when i need coffer keys i usually get them within the first 5 kills, etc etc..

Comment

its general accepted in the community, that TH is %.
                also a intresting fact you will get more drops of the x kind if it can, a prime example is dynamis, where 1 mob drops 4 coins.
                Weeee of Kujata(Main)
                PLD 75
                Ninja 75
                RDM 75
                THF: 75
                RNG: 75
                BST: 75
                BLM: 70
                Mule1
                BLM: 75
                Mule2
                THF: 71
                Heeeeeee(RL GF):
                Mnk, BRD, WAR ,BLM: 75
                Cooking: 96
                ClothCraft 94+5
                http://staronionbrigade.com/ My Blog

Fyi: No Excalibur or aegis(working on aegis) rest is legit ;o

Comment

Originally posted by lionx
                  What needs to be done is to ask her to farm alone and then compare maybe farming with you, if i remember right the more people there are, the more often a mob will drop more goods. :x
                  Most people fail to realize this essentialism, and completely ignore it most of the time, especially during EXP parties.

You can prove this in your next EXP party. You get a great deal of crystal drops if everyone is wearing signet - this is because each person makes a roll for finding treasure on a mob.

Thief has an edge, because TH increases that percentage roll for finding treasure. The more THsyou have in your party, the better percentage chance you have of grabbin a drop. It's as simple as that. =P
                  "Vacation. Alienation. Japanamation. Manga. Kanga. Naked Lunch. Hawaiian punch!!"

Comment

Since this isnt too old, I am going to ask some related questions for info to back me up on something. I am trying to explain to an up and coming THF on my server that TH3 & 4 are a myth (as claimed to be granted by the AF and Thf Knife) and that the TH +1 items are granting a % increase (as proved by various tests from THFs witht he items which he says is babble) and NOT a whole new level of the Job Trait.

I know from an interview or a screen shot of a GM conversation that the whole TH3 rumor mill was put to an end. Does anyone remember or know where the info is. I have been doing some searches around different sites and not finding all the interviews I am looking for.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

Working...
                    X