This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap Evasion ?

Someone told me as a THF I should keep my evasion capped. HOW?

They say i should soso decent mobs etc. btu i cant beat them without using utsu >.< Any Ideas?
    CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Re: Cap Evasion ?

Soloing them with Utsu will still allow you to raise your evasion skill. Your shadows only go down if you don't successfully dodge an attack. Evasion check comes first. Alternately you can try soloing with bloody bolts if you're having trouble fighting DC without shadows.
    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
    Originally posted by Balfree
    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

What I do is just go find some EM gob/yag/beastman and just beat on them till I'm low HP, and hide.
      -Baka Inu!
      Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
      Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
      Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
      Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

well i know evasion comes before utsu but dosnt it only go up when i get hit? o.o
        anyway yeah i might try it with bloody bolts and earth staff thx if you guys have any more tipps wite it down
        CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Comment

Tanking skill up parties is good raising as well.
          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
          Woodworking 91.9+2
          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Originally posted by Rai-Jin
            well i know evasion comes before utsu but dosnt it only go up when i get hit? o.o
            anyway yeah i might try it with bloody bolts and earth staff thx if you guys have any more tipps wite it down
            It goes up whether you successfully dodge or get hit. It's the attempt to dodge that triggers a skillup...
            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
            Originally posted by Balfree
            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

evasion up i never had with utsusumi up..

only while getting hit i got evasion skill +

depending on your skill, take some low dmg mobs with fast attacks and some bloody bolts
              maybe the can be EP or WW, if it comes to close you need to go on DC, you can also pull without shadows, but try not to get killed while pulling ^^
              Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Like previous poster said, its possible to get evasion skill up when you evade an attack, but its also possible to get skillups when you get hit. It goes quicker this way because you basically have a chance for a skillup every swing the mob takes, as opposed to only when your evasion checks(while blink tanking).

I like this method, go as THF/WHM and just attack a gob/yag like the previous poster said, then just hide/cure yourself after you get low on health. Preferably choose a EM-T if you are looking to cap it. Repeat the process over and over again.
                Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

when i tanked as a ninja, i got evasion skillups all the time with utsu up.
                  Last edited by aegina; 10-31-2005, 04:54 PM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                  Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                  I live to entertain!

Comment

Don't worry about it so much if you arn't soloing. Once you hit upper levels, try and PT on weapons more, the AOE is a physical attack which skills evasion. PTing there long enough should help cap or get you close to. Then you can finish the rest soloing with the advice others already posted.

Comment

Dont try cap it yet, get to 75, then take a whm or rdm friend and go to Boyhada tree and u can cap it on steelshells in a couple hours, i did 15 evasion lvls in 3 hours there, not to mention capped everything else short of my parry shield.

Comment

hm.. i think you`re right ^^ i know why i never got evasion up with my ninja, it was already capped, so yes, you get eva up
                        but i guess not as much as you will get when you got hit.

you will need capped eva when you want to fight maat, so getting to 75 can hurt in that way :D
                        Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

Or you can wait til you're 74 and go tank Charby... thats how i capped my skill >.>

Got some .3-5 skill ups WITH Utsusemi up

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

to be perfectly honest, the best way to skillup is going thru boyahda tree and tank those steelshells like some posters said. i was extremely gimped on evasion like 184 @ 67 because i always pulled w/ utsu and rarely got damaged, in 3 skillup pts and soloing and fighting those weapons (now 73THF) i'm only around 30+ levels below cap (around 236) i still have some skilling up to go. I'll keep tanking those steelshells to do so.
                            Windurst Rank: 10
                            Zilart Mission: 17 (Suppanomimi: O)
                            Promathia Mission: CoP complete (Rajas Ring: O)
                            ToAU Mission: 18

Retired

Comment

something odd happened to me yesterday. i got an evasion skillup when the mob missed.

it said "The soldier crawler misses you"
                              "Your evasion skill raises 0.1 points.

odd... apparently, you dont even have to get hit to get a skillup...
                              i did have utsusemi up, but it didnt hit the shadow. it completely missed.
                              Last edited by aegina; 10-31-2005, 04:54 PM.

ionia of Cait Sith! 75 RDM, 75 THF
                              Plotting World Domination and doing silly emotes on a server probably not near you!
                              I live to entertain!

Comment

Working...
                              X