This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil Toss?

It was probably already thought of somewhere but shouldnt THF have some kind of Gil Toss tech? Where if you throw the ammount of gil it will do that damage? I would think if it does good dmg it wouldnt be too bad. Limit it to say 2-300 gil per throw and have a 5-7-10 min timer and it will throw gil out periodically? It could be a sure thing like goes through all defense and will give you RA TP back or something...i ono just a wierd thought i had one day..probably already thought of, just like to hear what other people think.

it's a samurai ability if FFV so giving it to samurai maybe more appropriate? ^^
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Lol yeah i can see how that works with RNG and NIN but i mean a more practical direct way to do this would be THF since they can steal and mug and stuff. This although could be slow, be a sure way to get gil out of system as well..although i wouldnt count on it hehe.

I dont see how SAM (in this game not FFV) would work out with gil toss Oo i mean it just seems to work better with THF is all.

I ono just something fun i thought about that might be cool to have as a little extra stuff on the side for THF. Or we could give it to DRG to boost their dmg since people complain about that @_@ but currently THF seems more logical than SAM(or any other class).

Comment

Re: Gil Toss?

i think it would be cool i couldnt afford it though ^^
        lvl 47 black mage on fairy AF1 complete

pics comeing soon (as soo as i figure out how to get then off pol)

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
          Rangers already do that with every shot ^^ (minus Barrage)
          I was about to say that.....:thumb:

Comment

you know, I can honestly say I've never used the Gil Toss ability on any of the prior FF games. Just didn't make sense to me. I horded every piece of gil I got.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

ff10 the one summon (forgot his name) used sumwhat the same system and he was somewhat a sam but didnt rikku have throw gil ability
              lvl 47 black mage on fairy AF1 complete

pics comeing soon (as soo as i figure out how to get then off pol)

Comment

The Gil Toss on the previous FF games was sick in the damage it could do though in relation to other damage possible in the game. I mean sick as in about 5k gil was always 9999 damage. Worked great later on on were the monster generally gave you back 10k+ in gil >.>

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

itd be funny if there was no limit and someone quitting decided to sell everything, say has 500,000,000 gil... goes up to like Vrtra, Gil Toss, dead ;p

Warrior TP Warrior WS

Comment

in FFX-2 they all had gill toss
                    In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                    And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                    Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                    Yeah, It’s true.
                    It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

I used Gil Toss frequently in FFV. It's pretty powerful if you can spare the money.
                      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                      Currently Playing:
                      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

thf could use gil toss it would make since bc there weak attack and weak rnged they wouldnt do much dmg but with gil toss it would help but i think thf is dieing like rng has i havent partyed with a ranger in about a year now imma gonna level my rng lol
                        i still get on here....even though it might not happen often i do!

Comment

THF is dieing? I don't know what you're playing, but at my level ~70, thf is quite powerful, at least I think so anyway...

Nothing like seeing 1000+ dmg shark bite with 1000+dmg light skillchains.
                          -Baka Inu!
                          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

Pay Yojimbo some hefty cash and 9if ur lucky), instant kill.
                            It would be funny seeing someone kill the CoP bosses by tossing them 1gil for the kill.
                            noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

Zeningage was invaluable in FFV for groups of enemies that revive each other. I wonder how wide a range it might have in FFXI though. It was always all enemy in previous games, but I figure they might want to limit it to a single target here if it was introduced...

Biggest problem with it usually was that you can't control how much gil you use. Probably not a big deal endgame, but you want to use it quite sparingly early on.
                              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                              Clothcraft 24
                              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Working...
                              X