I'm back! What's New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back! What's New?

Hey guys! After having taken some time to play FFXIV and allow this whole metamorphasis happen to FFXI, I'm back.

First, let me explain that I left the game about a year and a half ago just before the level cap got a hike and the servers merged together. Just to give you a jumping off point.

So... now I have a few questions about SMN:

What is new?

- BPs?
    - Gear?
    - Abilities?
    - anything else you can think of...

What's the deal with the new expansions? Whats good and whats not? I could read a ton of threads about people's experiences... but I'd rather have a bulletpoint of the pro's and con's so I can come to my own conclusion. Unfortunately, the most web-surfing I get to do is at work and let me be the 1billionth person to say that websense is the .

How do SMN fare in this whole Abyssea world? Are we useful? Are we ignored? Do we get invites?

How did ODIN and ALEXANDER turn out?

Is it true that the level caps for CoP have been removed?

Have any other previous caps been removed?

Are there new transportation options? Useful toys? Quests for ease of travel?

Do people still do Limbus/Dynamis etc...?

And lastly (I promise)... what are my options for -Perp/ +Avatar _____ / +Summoning Magic Skill / -BP gear?

I'm back and I'm back to stay. I need to know it all and I cant access but 2 tings right now... and those are JACK and SHIT. This is the only site still available to me. Help me out?

PS: I have candy...

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: I'm back! What's New?

Brief answers...

How do SMN fare in this whole Abyssea world? Are we useful? Are we ignored? Do we get invites?
    If you’re low manning new NMs, apparently the only good jobs are Brd Mnk and Whm. Anything else is filler. None the less, every job is useful in some way/shape/form.
    How did ODIN and ALEXANDER turn out?
    don’t have either…just too lazy. But Odin is good in abyssea xp parties since you can regularly have your 2hr reset.
    Is it true that the level caps for CoP have been removed?
    Yes…its kinda cool…kinda not cool.
    Have any other previous caps been removed?
    ToaU missions are uncapped. I still haven’t done much WotG. Not everything is uncapped. Some of the regular city missions are still capped (that dragon on mission 3, archmage assasin...etc).
    Are there new transportation options? Useful toys? Quests for ease of travel?
    For abyssea yes, travel is easy. Useful toys…there’s a ton of new gear. As far as quests for ease of travel…not sure how traveling can get much easier even before these updates. Although some jobs did get more spells/abilities with movement speed.
    Do people still do Limbus/Dynamis etc...?
    I do limbus here and there…but its so easy. Usually just a Bst duo/trio. Not sure about crynamis.
    And lastly (I promise)... what are my options for -Perp/ +Avatar _____ / +Summoning Magic Skill / -BP gear?
    Not much ‘avatar specific’ gear…but there is a shit ton of –perp/smn magic/-BP gear.
    99 BST, PUP, WAR, MNK, THF, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG, BLU, RUN, PLD

-Ukon (85) 27/75 claws
    -Farsha (90) Completed!!
    -Verth (90) Completed!!
    -Guttler (95) Completed!
    -Gandiva (80) 24/50 wings
    -Ochain 27/50, 50/75, 8/75
    -Aegis just started

***Thank you xxFunWithJugsxx for all the help/support***

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
      Welcome to the hell that is magian trials.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I used to be a half decent SMN way back when, but never got very high level. I'm excited to hear about new Avatars, but that is just painting more work for me once I get back into playing.

Comment

Messaged ya already but I'll try to come back to your thread and your specific questions after my lunch, lol.
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Working...
          X