Version Update: New Avatar Speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version Update: New Avatar Speculations

As usual... some @$$hole like me has to post a thread like this every update... asking the same question every time: "NEW UPDATZ!!!!! KNEW AVATAR!!! CAN I HAS!?!"

And... this is no different.

According to recent speculations... it is thought that we are going to end up with AT LEAST 1 new Avatar for SMN. Bout time, huh? Well, everyone's guesstimations have been the result of the following source: Making macros for some of the stage demonstrations. on Twitpic .

The picture is blurry as hell, but if you look closely enough (and maybe get some super einstein glasses) you can pretty much see that the macro is written out as such:

/ma "???????" <me>

This IS the format that we use to macro our Avatars... however... it's also the macro that every mage uses for anything cast on themselves. IE: Stoneskin/Blink/Protectra/Shellra/Gayra etc...

It sucks that we can't see any kind of detail in the word... but the popular belief is that the word is "Lakshmi". As a SMN, I hope it's true. It would mean that SE finally screwed the proverbial pooch and popped us out our well deserved and overdue bastard child Avatar. Although, like everyone else... I'm concerned if it's Lakshmi. Why? Well because she's a healing Avatar in FFVI, thats why. After waiting X # of "NO CHRISTMAS FOR YOU!!!" years, I think we deserve something a little bit better than... Lakshmi. Maybe it's just me.

Of course this is all speculation.

Another important thing to consider is that SE also promised that WHEN they give us Avatars... they stressed Avatar(*s*)<---- important to note the plural.

As we stand right now we have 1 Avatar for each of the Elements and an extra one for Darkness, Diabolos. IF they were to give us the new Squishies like they promised so many years ago, my guess is that... for the sake of being OCD, we would likely get a second Avatar based on Light and one that was Non-Elemental... perhaps a melee Avatar.

I've learned not to get my hopes up when it comes to SE... but I definately would be happy if this was finally the Avatar update.

I'm not here to spread wild rumors and I'm not here to get peoples hopes shot so far out of the stratosphere that they suffocate and die in cold... cold space. I'm just presenting ideas, rumors and some very blurry evidence.

So what do you guys think? Lakshmi for Light and Yojimbo for Physical melee? Or do you have other ideas?

Yojimbo uses Tachi: Gekko on the Sand Lizard *\(^o^)/*

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Version Update: New Avatar Speculations

I think the fact that people are able to make out anything in that picture beyond:

/initiate ability <target>

is absolutely absurd. People are seeing what they want to see.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Where are people getting this idea that they are going to get Lakshmi? Nothing has hinted at any existence of a character called Lakshmi in the game. If SMNs even get a new avatar, I am putting a lot of money on Atomos.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ketaru View Post
        Where are people getting this idea that they are going to get Lakshmi? Nothing has hinted at any existence of a character called Lakshmi in the game. If SMNs even get a new avatar, I am putting a lot of money on Atomos.
        From the forums I was scouring to compile this info... Lakshmi was a theory based on the supposed height of the letters... shape... shading... blablabla. Fact of the matter is, I'm just parroting other people's theories and in no way/shape/form back up any of these theories. When I see that picture, it could be Lakshmi... but it could just as easily be a portrait of Jack Black. I see nothing.

My money is on Atomos too.

Comment

I have SMN 1 .. I still hope you guys get more pretties for me to ooogle over as I roam around. First time I saw a Ramuh in E.Ron... I ran like a lil bitch /sh'n all the way about some crazy NM out there in the woods. I have loved them ever since.
          FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
          FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
          aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Honestly, I don't give a fuck anymore. 14 is out this year. Anything SE does at this point is too little too late. Yeah, if they do release them I'll get 'em and have some fun with 'em, but I'm not about to get into the wild speculation or any of that crap like before.

This is what happens when you keep people waiting for years on end SE, you assholes.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Pretty much what Malacite sais.
              I gave up on the illusion of new avatars when SE decided to announce Wings of the Goddess.
              They were promised to us when Treasures of Aht Urhgan was announced, now nearly finished with WotG they're still not there.
              I'd actually be surprised if this version update would be any different.

Regarding FFXIV, I'm not holding up my hopes for it, FFXI currently still sucks my life almost every night of the week for now and I've tried several other MMO's in between to get me away from XI.
              None of them succeeded, rather I quit those to go back to XI, there's no guarantee XIV will be the game to suck me in.
              It'll have to be really good.
              Last edited by Shirai; 02-25-2010, 02:58 AM.
              Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

It was never about the new avatars in the first place. I have already said a long time ago that those are not what will fix Summoner from its current position in the community, and Avatar's Favor, while not quite the answer either, was at least a step in the right direction. ish.

I really do not feel like invoking the ranter within me lately, though, so I'm just going to avoid topics like these for the time being.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

I'll take another avatar that can out-damage Predator Claws. (hopefully) Bring it on
                  | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                  2/5 WAR +2
                  Farsha(85)

Comment

That picture can be of anything.

It could even be "/ma "Haste" <me>" for all we know. Or it could just be carbuncle, and some guy just wanted to create lots of speculation. Why don't the smns just give up? Every update they do this same shit, every update it doesn't happen.

Have you guys ever though that maybe if you didn't ask for a summon for one update, you will get it?

As for it being too late, it is for me. I am just killing time with FFXI till FFXIV comes out, then I will hope onto that. If its fun, I'll stay if not, then back to FFXI. But atm, it is too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      Honestly, I don't give a fuck anymore. 14 is out this year. Anything SE does at this point is too little too late. Yeah, if they do release them I'll get 'em and have some fun with 'em, but I'm not about to get into the wild speculation or any of that crap like before.

This is what happens when you keep people waiting for years on end SE, you assholes.
                      So all that needed to happen for you to stop caring was the calendar to flip over to this year?

Man, we should have gotten you a time machine that sent you to 2010 in the first place.

Comment

Up yours. I've been waiting on them to do something about SMN since CoP came out, and while the recent updates have been a good step in the right direction, it took them way too long to get their act together. Hell, even BST got fixed up before SMN (though BST still has issues and is sorely lacking in variety of Jugs)

I agree YM that the problem isn't with the avatars. But that wasn't the point I was making; the point was, they told us just over a year ago now, that new avatars were being made and would be released within the next update or two. That's what's got me pissed off, the stupid devs constantly putting their feet in their mouths. They should just stfu and not even dare hint at something unless they can say for certain it is in fact coming. In other words, stop getting our hopes up over every little thing SE.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I think they were telling SMNs in the sense of "Just say something to get them to shut up, THANK GOD we're not putting a summoner class in FFXIV."

Also, your revisionist history amuses me.

I still find the idea of Atomos questionable. Yes, he is summoned and its a small version of him, but there's also that different gaping maw version of him in Walk of Echoes. I also question that SMN really needs more avatars, a lot of the changes I've seen are the sorts of things that add the diversity they've needed

SMNs just keep going on and on about MP consumption although they've been given tons of ways to conserve and manage it better. Summoning is supposed to be high cost. This is proven in every Final Fantasy game ever sans FFVIII. Kiss all your CPs goodbye when you summon in FFXIII. The design is to make SMNs decisive killers but not banked on for everything.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-25-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            THANK GOD we're not putting a summoner class in FFXIV.
                            "We"?
                            Who's "we"?
                            Are you with SE?
                            Do you have a say in FFXIV?
                            Are you on the development team?
                            Are you responsible for us not getting new Avatars?
                            CAN I MAKE EVERY LINE IN THIS POST LONGER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE?
                            I.......don't.......think.......you.......are.......AND.......I.......think.......I.......can

On a more serious note. I hope there WILL be a SMN in FFXIV. Just because it's not announced as being a class imediately available doesn't mean it never will be one. I'm sure there will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                              "We"?
                              Who's "we"?
                              Are you with SE?
                              Do you have a say in FFXIV?
                              Are you on the development team?
                              Are you responsible for us not getting new Avatars?
                              CAN I MAKE EVERY LINE IN THIS POST LONGER THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE?
                              I.......don't.......think.......you.......are.......AND.......I.......think.......I.......can

On a more serious note. I hope there WILL be a SMN in FFXIV. Just because it's not announced as being a class imediately available doesn't mean it never will be one. I'm sure there will be.
                              You are really fucking annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X