And once again.... NO Avatar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And once again.... NO Avatar!

Another update... and the promise is yet not fulfilled. SE has not delivered us with those supposedly new Avatars.

I wonder if they will ever be released.

Re: And once again.... NO Avatar!

because it's better to get something broken and crap now than something good later.

Comment

Feh. I don't feel like throwing my usual discontent towards the subject of this thread right now.

All I'll note is, I think us RDMs kept our whining about not getting stuff to already existing threads for the most part.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Originally posted by Armando
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

RDM has no right to bitch. They got an update last time around. A fairly shitty one, IMO, but an update regardless.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Complaining in one thread wasn't enough?

Are you expecting some amazing new avatar that is going to totally revamp the way Summoner is played in all aspects of the game?

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by Tickmeoff View Post
            Are you expecting some amazing new avatar that is going to totally revamp the way Summoner is played in all aspects of the game?
            Be nice. That's all Summoners have to keep them going.

"False hope"
            Perpetuation cost: One tear/tick

Comment

RDM has no right to bitch. They got an update last time around. A fairly shitty one, IMO, but an update regardless.
              I think you misread/didn't get YM's post. He's saying that at least when the RDMs were waiting for their update, they didn't go making new threads after each update for even more bitching.

Comment

Well if that's what he meant then I did miss the point. It seemed like he was complaining about this particular update, and yes, I did see some RDMs begging for an update this time around.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

qq
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    Composure is nice. Every RDM I know uses it. Some RDMs seem to like en- II spells, too, though I'm not particularly fond them them. Before that, there was Death Blossom--probably the first decent damage sword WS for RDM, with a nifty magic evasion down effect.

Just by itself, Composure was a great gift to a job I didn't consider to be needing anything--not to be confused with players 'wanting' lots of things, of course.

What exactly is wrong with SMN at this point? I understand a lot of the Blood Pacts are useless, but plenty are not--I don't see WHMs and RDMs complain endlessly about lack of use for Deoderize.

Why is the number of avatars even an issue, as long as the existing avatars have good BPs?
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Composure is nice, and Enspells II are good for me because I use Mensur.

About Death Blossom I will never get it, but I usually sub PLD in Campaign anyway or use Evisceration instead while /NIN or any other job that doesn't give me access to Vorpal.

And about the OP I know what he means and I feel bad for SMNs, but there isn't much they can do about it except for waiting.

(Or sending angry letters and death threats to SE. <_< )
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
                        Another update... and the promise is yet not fulfilled. SE has not delivered us with those supposedly new Avatars.

I wonder if they will ever be released.
                        They'll get their summons.

Just when FFXIV comes out that is...

Comment

Q
                          Q

I had to put it like that because something keeps correcting my capitalization without permission. >.<

Lots of people didn't get anything. SE said they were working on an avatar. Patience, grasshopper.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                          About Death Blossom I will never get it,
                          Death Blossom is awesome.

Nyzul Isle can be a bitch. It's definitely not a gentle mistress. Static if you decide to try it.

Comment

SMN wasn't mentioned in the update teasers, should I be surprised they got nothing in the update? Yes SE told us to expect new avatars around this time back at fanfest, but that wasn't set it in stone, just when they hoped to have that available.

I don't even know what kind of Avatar to expect, but every one of them sans the celestials had some mission tie-in, so I wouldn't put it past SE to do it with WotG or some series of important quests.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                              What exactly is wrong with SMN at this point?
                              It doesn't have an "instantly kill everything in a 10 mile radius" button.

Therefore, it is gimp compared to (insert previous FF game in which SMN were totally broken, even considering you couldn't recover MP except at inns).

Also, it is not a better BLM than BLM. This is obviously totally unfair.

I understand a lot of the Blood Pacts are useless, but plenty are not--I don't see WHMs and RDMs complain endlessly about lack of use for Deoderize.

Why is the number of avatars even an issue, as long as the existing avatars have good BPs?
                              It isn't, if you have a clue about game balance. That is why these complaint threads are constantly populated by the same two or three people.
                              Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                              RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                              All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Working...
                              X