Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner's role?

Hi Guys,

After finishing BRD to 75 and completing my merits I'm looking for another class to level. I know that I want it to be a mage job, so I'm trying to decide between BLM WHM RDM SCH SMN.

I feel like I have a grasp of the first four, but I honestly know very very little about Summoner.

I understand that leveling up I'd probably be a healbot or solo most of the time, but I dont really care about what happens when I'm leveling up

What is the role of a summoner in events? What usability does it have in things like dynamis limbus (insert level 75 event here) Missions etc.

I realize I'll probably be on BRD most of the time, but I'd like to pick another class to level knowing as much about it as possible. If SMN is just utilized as a healer with less healing tools, I don't think I'm interested.

Almost all the threads here seem to be....5 or 6 years old, so I figured I'd post fresh.

Maeru
    Tawu BRD

Re: Summoner's role?

SMN is aweeeeesome for various HNMs. The great part about smn is hate-free damage. For smaller events though, smn's aren't really looked for due to the fact that there are many other jobs that will take care of the job.

As far as dynamis goes, other DD's are more useful and other mage jobs are more useful, from my experience. Mobs die way too fast for you to hit a macro everytime and engage on random mobs. May be different depending on the shell though.

For limbus, it would work I suppose. Don't see any reason SMN would get looked down upon. Though you may get asked to come bard way more than smn. =p

Missions it depends. What missions are you talking about?
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

SMN IMO is a "luxury rob" Not desired that much in parties and in many activities.
      It is for those who really like and are passionate about the job.

If you have the patience to build up yoru parteis and be taken as a main healer in many situatioons then go ahead.

Comment

You have BRD, don't expect to go as anything else honestly.
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Working...
        X