Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on fighting Fenrir

Hi all

I have most of the whispers now and therefore planning to get a pt 2gether to fight fenrir in the near future with me as a blm. I no that he is a powerhouse after watching a vid on youtube but im really looking for some advice really from my following questions

1. Wot is a stable pt formation and wot lvs (i no 75s r recommmended but if a lower lv is able, wot lv)?
    2. Does every1 who is in the pt, need a moon bauble?
    3. Wot items/food as a blm wud i need?
    4. can a smaller pt win the fight?
    5. Shud the worsed happen and we fail, do i lose my moon bauble, and therefore need to reaquire each whisper?
    6. If any, wot is a proven/best way to fight fenrir.

I have tried wiki but it seems the fenrir topic was a bit rushed, and therefore wish to gain the knowledge of ppl who have beaten the beast.

Many thanks

Re: Any advice on fighting Fenrir

Originally posted by godsaiyan View Post
    Hi all

I have most of the whispers now and therefore planning to get a pt 2gether to fight fenrir in the near future with me as a blm. I no that he is a powerhouse after watching a vid on youtube but im really looking for some advice really from my following questions

1. Wot is a stable pt formation and wot lvs (i no 75s r recommmended but if a lower lv is able, wot lv)?
    Traditional setup 65+:
    Tank (Nin main or someone with nin sub, Fenrir hits like a truck but with slow and elegy on he's not too hard to blink tank.)
    Bard
    Red mage or White mage healer (White mage for benediction after howling moon prefered)
    couple of DD's all preferable with ninja sub.

Summoner setup 70+.
    At least 3x summoner 70+, 4+ recommended.

Manaburn setup 70+:
    RDM/DRK (74+)
    4/5x BLM

TP burn setup 70+:
    RDM/DRK (74+)
    4/5x melee

2. Does every1 who is in the pt, need a moon bauble?
    Yes

3. Wot items/food as a blm wud i need?
    INT food, MAB/INT gear

4. can a smaller pt win the fight?
    Lowest I beat him with was a trio consisting of a whm (me), a bard and a ninja, but I believe Avesta has solo'd him as red mage.

5. Shud the worsed happen and we fail, do i lose my moon bauble, and therefore need to reaquire each whisper?
    If you lose, you get booted and can try again until you win, you won't lose your bauble upon entry.
    After you win you can get a new bauble without collecting whispers under the same conditions as you would get tuning forks for normal avatars.
    (After the Japanese midnight after you turn in the whisper for a reward)

6. If any, wot is a proven/best way to fight fenrir.

I have tried wiki but it seems the fenrir topic was a bit rushed, and therefore wish to gain the knowledge of ppl who have beaten the beast.

Many thanks
    All ways are proven, all ways can win, all ways can fail.
    It's all about the people's skill and hoping fenrir doesn't one shot any vital people with it's 2 hour or Eclipse bite.
    Last edited by Shirai; 05-08-2009, 04:24 AM.
    Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

What. Also, would. Oh, and worst and should.

1. I'll leave that to people who have done it.

2. That's how it usually works for other Avatars, so I'm going to guess that's how it works for Fenrir as well.

3. As a BLM, probably some juice if you don't have a Refresh job (which I hope you do), and maybe something to boost your INT, but honestly, it's not a long fight.

4. There are strategies listed on the wiki page that talk about smaller setups.

5. From the Wiki: "To fight Fenrir again, simply talk to Leepe-Hoppe for another Moon Bauble; you do not need to fight the six avatars again." So I'm going to go with no.

6. I imagine a SMN-burn method is pretty solid. I know a few friends who have done it that way. But best? I don't know.

Comment

ok thank you all for the advice on this. I now have all the whispers :D and only 6 levels til my 1st 75 w00t

Slightly OT but does anyone know where i get the 3 items to make the tuning fork? Wiki as usual is blocked at work

Comment

Originally posted by godsaiyan View Post
          Slightly OT but does anyone know where i get the 3 items to make the tuning fork?

That is another quest:

Tuning In - FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more
          Read it once you get home, that's also a pretty fun quest series.

This quest is given by the same npc, if he keeps blabbering about that try zoning to port windy and back.
          If you have all 6 whispers in your key items he should give you the Moon bauble.
          (Key item needed to fight Fenrir)
          Quetzalcoatl Server | WHM 80 | SMN 76 | NIN 75

Comment

oh kk yeah ive flagged the rite 1 now, lol thank you very much

Comment

Working...
            X