is there a way to keep up with ToD of Shikigami Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is there a way to keep up with ToD of Shikigami Weapon

Well the Story goes like this: Ont the 11th of March I woke up at 04h14 to camp the Shikigaki weapon & it was that early for me. Logged on & a group had just killed it & didnt wanna share the ToD, however they were healing from the battle. So I guessed that the battle concluded 3 minutes prior to me getting there, one of the people there was nice enough to mention that they didnt get the drop. Thus I set a time for 20 hours & 45 minutes, which seemed forever considering the fact that I was nearing the 3rd week into camping this F#?*&ing robe. Estimated the ToD & kept on checking on any activities at Ro'Moeave (excuse the spelling), eventually I went with a smn friend (Larryf) who has experience in camping Shiki. Got 2 LS members to come a Nin/War (Rewind) & Whm/Blm (Lefturn), party set I was on Smn70/Rng12. The opposing party arrives 4 minutes before the pop, then the party began. Shiki pops, everyone scrambles. I set the tracker & give chase to the Thf who dashes toward the blue arrow. Needless to say they claimed it.

No the flipside is, that they start dropping like flies & I'm there with my party. Wham 2 down & 2 to go, Shiki just terrorises this team & the go down. I summon Garuda & we walts with the shiki, out tank starts his assualt & me + Larryf keep the mobs that kept on coming at bay. Lefturn, has such huge aggro that she's forced to zone. Sometime during the fight she D/C's, Healing Ruby II FTW, save my butt twice during this fight. Shiki eventually goes down. The 1st thing my part & LS was AYOBA=Woot (in South African ebonics), the there it was! The beauty was right the on the drop list. First time I got claim & I got the drop.

Leasson learned, patience is a virtue. Now I can finally get my smn to 75 & work towards getting the other gear, that I need to be formatible. Skill wise I'm almost there.

Yeah a note, there was this person camping there as well & she told me straight to my face that she doesnt respect me coz I don't know how to camp Shiki. She's been playing for 5 years & i've been on for 9 months. Yet I made the secondary claim & here I am I got the robe. AYOBA
    Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

It really is a shame that the very FEW SMN items are very hard to get

Comment

I agree, however I've been helping other 69+ smn get this item & have succeeded twice on 7 attempts
        Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

Yah but still.. and it also annyoys me that this is an ugly monk robe.. SE could have done a better job in giving us something nicer

Comment

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
            Yah but still.. and it also annyoys me that this is an ugly monk robe.. SE could have done a better job in giving us something nicer

LOL I agree, SE laacks creativity on the visual effects of gear & other items in the game. Question I have a summon macro linked with gear & my character end up omitting the appropriate on-screen effects when you summon an avatar. Its sad a lot of elements within the smn job have not be remedied to this date
            Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

Add a /wait to fix that...

Comment

Acutally I have the following macros:

/equip main "???? Staff" Dracko
                /equip hands "carbuncle mitts" Dracko
                /ma "Carbuncle" Dracko
                /wait 10
                /ja "Assault" <t>
                /p Death to the <t> & bring me its head

If i need to change the wait time how long must it be?
                Humpty Dumpty.....

SMN 75

Comment

Working...
                X