New Summons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Summons

So with the introduction of Cait Sith, and Ixion, as well as the presence of Avatars such as Alexander, Odin, Pheonix, Bahamut, and various others.... How long do you all really think it will be before we see a new summonable Avatar for Summoner?

Personally I wouldn't mind getting access to either Alexander (Light), Ixion (Thunder), or Pheonix (Fire)... However I think Odin (Dark), and Cait Sith (Dark) are a bit out of the question seeing as how we already have 2 Dark type Avatars, and really do not have a need for anymore. Bahamut (Non-Elemental / Fire) on the other hand if memory serves has already been announced that he will never be made into a summonable Avatar, no matter how much we may want to have him at our sides.

So personally I want to see Ixion become our next summon
    Astral Candescence = Astral Candy (Yummee)!!!

Member of the Vermy Cloak is overrated club

Re: New Summons

Fat Chocobo

Can I have it?
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
      Fat Chocobo

Can I have it?
      ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Cledwin View Post
        ROFLMAO
        Really?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
          Really?
          I hope not...

Ooops there goes mom's china.

Comment

Well, the major thing we've been hoping they'd do is add Odin and Alex to round out the days of the week. They're the last two celestials. They're also important from our view because they both have small magic damage attacks that could be given to us at lower levels. Now, if we want to burst on Light or Dark based skillchains, we have to wait until we're actually bursting on Light or Dark. Transfiction and Compression are a lot lower level than that... it takes a long time to wait on getting Meteorite and Netherblast. Also, we do need Odin because Netherblast is a relatively fixed damage spell, doing nowhere near the damage of a Tier IV avatar nuke on a good burst. I'm not even sure if it is Dark based or if it might be non-elemental magic. Either way, progressive Tier II and IV spells in both of these elements would be nice to have at comparable levels to the other Celestial Avatars. Odin and Alex also need Tiny quests added for them so that SMNs can actually get them during these lower levels when it's brutally obvious that you're lacking in this area.

The Terrestrial category of avatars used to be the 5 named ones. I think they've begun expanding it, or we need to think of a new name for the other avatars they've added since. Each of the 5 recognized by the Kuluu has a gate in Pso'Xja. So, if we completed that category, we'd need access to Pheonix and Bahamut. They said we'd never get access to moogles in Selbina and Mhuara too, so I'm kind of doubtful that they won't just dumb Bahamut down a bit to make him summonable for us. We also have Cait Sith, Atomos, and Ixion now in dats. They could become summonable... (Ok, maybe not Atomos without tweaking, but yeah...)

The thing of it is, once you round out Celestial Avatars by adding the two missing ones, you can really go wherever you want as far as elements go. If we have a burstable nuke from that level, it's really just E-peen/wow-factor for different summons. Utility wise we still need some form of party or single target mp refresh, and it would be nice to have a drain, aspir, or raise move. Those could fit with things already added, or that could be added easily in the future.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Honestly I am not to keen on getting another dark or even a non-elemental avatar. I would much rather get an avatar of either the Fire, Light, or Thunder Elements.

However I do see the argument for Odin being one of the desired Avatars. Its just that from what I have seen of Odin, he is slightly too large for being used as an Avatar, as is Bahamut, it would take some major tweeking of the game specs to allow Odin to become a summonable Avatar. Actually the same goes for Alexander, as well as Atomos... they are just to big or stationary to be used as summons without major tweeking.

Now Cait Sith, Ixion and possibly pheonix are all the perfect size to be summons. Unfortunately I do not personally want a Cait Sith as a summon. However an Ixion or a Pheonix would be wonderful :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kitalrez View Post
                They said we'd never get access to moogles in Selbina and Mhuara too,
                Show me an archive of where they said that.
                Originally posted by Armando
                No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                Originally posted by Armando
                Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                Matthew 16:15

Comment

I still want Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                    Show me an archive of where they said that.
                    And you, show me an archive of where they didn't say that.

owait.

Comment

Fat chocobo is pwn....

Comment

I want Siren. She'd be like our own personal Bard with silence spells and a sonic damage attack. Probably a non-elemental.

I think for a Light avatar, we could always get Seraph instead of Alexander.

...I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat. Unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Cledwin View Post
                          So with the introduction of Cait Sith, and Ixion, as well as the presence of Avatars such as Alexander, Odin, Pheonix, Bahamut, and various others.... How long do you all really think it will be before we see a new summonable Avatar for Summoner?

Personally I wouldn't mind getting access to either Alexander (Light), Ixion (Thunder), or Pheonix (Fire)... However I think Odin (Dark), and Cait Sith (Dark) are a bit out of the question seeing as how we already have 2 Dark type Avatars, and really do not have a need for anymore. Bahamut (Non-Elemental / Fire) on the other hand if memory serves has already been announced that he will never be made into a summonable Avatar, no matter how much we may want to have him at our sides.

So personally I want to see Ixion become our next summon
                          Ixion, Alexander, and Odin are definitely not happening as summons, unless they drain 100 mp per tick and allow you to use only one ability.

I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Cait Sith as an avatar though. He might be one of the possible rewards for beating WoTG. And who says he's dark based?
                          ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                            Ixion, Alexander, and Odin are definitely not happening as summons, unless they drain 100 mp per tick and allow you to use only one ability.

I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed Cait Sith as an avatar though. He might be one of the possible rewards for beating WoTG. And who says he's dark based?
                            Actually, I'm on the Fence about old Ix. The HNM people are chasing is "Dark" Ixion, it's almost as if it's not the real Ixion, but some sort of negative manifestation of the real Ixion. I think, much like the Sandworm, there is more to come from Ixion then just being some random HNM.
                            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

My non-technical reply:

We need odin and alexander because theyre two of the most kick ass summons to exist. They could make very interesting stories/quests around them too. Theres just not a good enough reason *not* to.

Comment

Working...
                              X