I thought that I had won the boat fight but it back fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that I had won the boat fight but it back fired

Ok so today I was on a boat going to Selbina when all of a sudden another boat camp to our boat.
    The battle music start playing at first I did not know what was going on, I though that other players
    gonna take over our boat but it was npcs. I rushed up to fight them they was all easy then all of a sudden a mop named silver hook beat me easily . I don't know how he did it but he won. I had wanted to look cool on the boat with lots of level 1 fishers but was unable to do so. So anyway do anyone know which level is Silver hook mob? it would make me happy to find out soon I want a rematch with him and win.
    Test

Re: I thought that I had won the boat fight but it back fired

Black Beard is level 66-67, and Silver Hook is level 70-72. As a BST75, I can consistently take down Sea Horror. However, I don't tangle with either skeleton NM on the ferry.

I took down Black Beard once in a throw-together alliance of 4 people -- me (75 BST), my 75 RDM friend, and a couple of 75 BLMs. He was still pretty rough.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I wounder can we ever get the chance to attack their ship back?
      Test

Comment

You can't attack their ship. All you can do is wait for them to board yours.

On my second boat ride I had an encounter with Silverhook. (First ride I got to meet Sea Horror. Fun times.) I had a 75 Summoner and 75 Red Mage with me (they were helping me with gathering sub job items). They held their ground but they were unable to beat Silverhook before the ferry reached Mhaura.

Comment

Also, I don't think those level 1 fishers would've been very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            Also, I don't think those level 1 fishers would've been very impressed.
            RMT fishers never seem to be impressed...
            To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

Originally posted by StarvingArtist
              A Whm blood tanking Sea Horror does get a few stares though.
              Haha, yeah, I tried that once, shame I decided to take the boat on WHM. I'm always on WHM though unless I'm farming though, so being on the boat shouldn't have been any different.

I got owned by it. I was solo. Good thing for RR, right?

Next time I ride the boat, I'm bringing my RDM, and gonna attempt to get my revenge.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Back when they first release these guys i was camping them as mnk/nin to get the drop for my whm. Anyways I had wings and pots and all the stuff. It just so happened right before he popped many people seemed to get on that boat. Anyways I got the pull and run him to the back. Started popping everything and owning his face. But... A party that appeared on the boat last stop followed me over to the back I had him down to maybe 5-10% I tired to run with him but the people kept following me. Then he did and AoE drain and went back to full health....thanks to all the people. He killed me with a thundaga, they claimed him and got the drop.
                I was pretty pissed.

Comment

I was actually camping Silverhook for a while as WHM/NIN because I was trying to get the club that he drops, but I gave up after I got my Morgenstern. He's not too hard to beat as long as you know what you're doing. The real problem is the time limit, since he's not guaranteed to pop right at the start of the boat ride, so you might find yourself running out of time before you can beat him.

The NMs will pop only if the pirate ship has a pirate on there that's wearing a Vermillion Cloak. Good luck.

Also I'm assuming that you're going as a SMN for this fight since you've posted this in the Summoner forum, so I would recommend Titan since you'll get a bonus from blunt damage.

Comment

Omg lol. I hate the boat now. Sea horror would not aggro. I could take the sea crabs and pugils. Horror I never tried, but I poked him and stuff. I returned after a long absence and my first ride on the boat the pirate ship came. It was just some crossbones and a ship wight. Crossbones aggro'd me. I fled, my friend helped me, killed the bones and wight. I ran to the bottom and ran into the boarding hall then closed the door. More bones spawn, and literally aggro me from the bottom. They came thru the walls and up under the floor. I died. He dies. We get to mhuara. We lie dead in the city. Very gay lol. Its cool that the ship has been added tho lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
                      Omg lol. I hate the boat now. Sea horror would not aggro. I could take the sea crabs and pugils. Horror I never tried, but I poked him and stuff. I returned after a long absence and my first ride on the boat the pirate ship came. It was just some crossbones and a ship wight. Crossbones aggro'd me. I fled, my friend helped me, killed the bones and wight. I ran to the bottom and ran into the boarding hall then closed the door. More bones spawn, and literally aggro me from the bottom. They came thru the walls and up under the floor. I died. He dies. We get to mhuara. We lie dead in the city. Very gay lol. Its cool that the ship has been added tho lol.
                      Low HP(HP is displayed in red or is it yellow, i forget now) aggro?
                      PSN ID: Kelshan
                      Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                      Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                      sigpic

Comment

It's aggro by yellow or lower, and no. I was in a pt, and my friend aggro'd one, and the links came at me. I got hit and he beat them, I went under deck, and they aggo'd me from low life the second time I assume. But they came thru walls and the floor. It was weird. But its a game, clipping or bump mapping error, assumed.

Comment

Oh come on! Thats the fun stuff you'll remember for a long time! I remember when I first went on the ferry. My son was with me and he'd been on it before but I was a newb and running around taking screenshots. Then the fog rolled in and I thought OH COOL! so I was snapping more pictures when I saw a boat coming near. I said to my son "Hey, check it out another boat!" and I ran downstairs to check it out. He starts screaming "MOM GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!" just as I'm going "OMG Skeletons how cool is that!!?" Too late, dead. We laughed so hard.

Of course there's the "What does Impossible to Gauge mean?" discussion we had upon seeing our first NM (Sea Horror). As we were discussing it he promptly came over and owned our faces. LOL

Ahhhhhh good times!
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post
                            It's aggro by yellow or lower, and no. I was in a pt, and my friend aggro'd one, and the links came at me. I got hit and he beat them, I went under deck, and they aggo'd me from low life the second time I assume. But they came thru walls and the floor. It was weird. But its a game, clipping or bump mapping error, assumed.
                            I was talking about the second time. I assume the first time was due to them being aggressive and checking DC-VT.

The part where they came through the ship turned the story from the typical boring mob train story to OMG! FFXI went "survival horror" on me story.
                            PSN ID: Kelshan
                            Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                            Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post

Of course there's the "What does Impossible to Gauge mean?" discussion we had upon seeing our first NM (Sea Horror). As we were discussing it he promptly came over and owned our faces. LOL

Ahhhhhh good times!
                              Thats was my first nm too! I also saw jaggedy eared jack and big mouth billy in ronfare that week, like my frist week. Totally didn't know the rabbit dropped something godly awesome and rare, or i would have killed it.

With the "phasing" skeletons tho, Yeah it was crazy, I was loling but at the same time yelling "WTF!?!?!?!?! "

Comment

Working...
                              X