Healing Ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healing Ruby

Did a search, nothing really relevant seemed to come up.

I know this is only a small thing because honestly, who uses healing ruby outside of a smn soloing early levels and even then only really as a hate bouncer but I was pretty sure that my healing ruby's were healing for a lot lot less than the wiki entry said they should be doing.

According to Wiki:

HP restored = (level * 2) +8

My level 21 smn should therefore get 50hp restored from a healing ruby right?

I did this on firesday (elementally neutral) and the hp echo shows that I still had missing hp after the Healing Ruby so it's not that I capped my HP and that reduced my healing ruby.

To make sure that TP wasn't effecting it, I wore my hp down, killed the mobs and then summoned carby when I had no aggro to heal me so he definitely had no TP either.

If anyone else has any results under the same conditions for other levels (particularly level 1 with 0 skill) that they could post that would be great
    sigpic
    Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Re: Healing Ruby

Is your summoning magic skill capped? Iirc, that can affect stuff like this.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Yes, capped at 66. This is what I wanted to work out, whether it's level based or skill based.

I remember earlier Healing Ruby's restoring about 24hp but no lower than that but because it was restoring about the right amount (according to wiki) when I was level 8-12ish, I didn't pay close attention to it.
      sigpic

Comment

I haven't bee lvl 1 for along time...and well I sometimes use Healing ruby on party members for a quick cure 2 replacent(I hit it and it's like I hit a couple of spells back to back without the recast timers...it's like Cure 1.5+)

I seem to do ok curing anywhere from 50-90+ on my lvl 53 summoner for fun...
        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
        (have fun MMO players ^^)
        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Saren View Post
          Yes, capped at 66. This is what I wanted to work out, whether it's level based or skill based.
          I remember earlier Healing Ruby's restoring about 24hp but no lower than that but because it was restoring about the right amount (according to wiki) when I was level 8-12ish, I didn't pay close attention to it.
          I have no idea then...

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

I declare by fiat that the formula is:

HP = floor (Lv * (19/16) + 9)

>_>;

OK, I can't really do that. Anyway, that formula (which I made up) predicts you'd get floor(35.125) = 35 HP on your Healing Ruby when you hit Lv.22, on neutral day with 0TP Carbuncle.
            Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
            yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
            Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
            leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

SMN magic skill would only have an effect on it if it was over the cap.

It's a next-to-useless skill and SE has yet to fix that. Healing Ruby is random btw. Yes, it does have a fixed formula but it does vary per use.
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

O.k. then how come today, regardless of how many times I have used it, if I have had over 33hp missing, I have had exactly 33 hp healing from Healing Ruby?

I tried twice for the test just to make sure it wasn't random and I was levelling after that, 33hp every time.

Edit: Actually one of times i had nearly 100%TP on carbuncle and still no difference ><

Edit 2: Thanks Itazura but that would give me a Healing Ruby of 18 at level 8 and I don't think it was that low at that level. Can't be sure though, I just wasn't paying close enough attention to it then, so I will see if any increases conform to your prediction. I just hit 22 so I will play later if I get time (still one person to help get Okotes ><) and see if I can catch this randomness or pin down a pattern.
                Last edited by Saren; 09-14-2007, 09:37 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

It's based on TP.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

Edit 2: Thanks Itazura but that would give me a Healing Ruby of 18 at level 8 and I don't think it was that low at that level.
                    Actually, it predicts floor(18.5) = 18 HP for Lv.8.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
                      It's based on TP.
                      I need to check this out. Not saying you are wrong but I am pretty sure that I did a Healing Ruby at something like 83% TP and it still restored 33 HP.

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Actually, it predicts floor(18.5) = 18 HP for Lv.8.
                      That's what I said.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's what I said.
                        Opps. >_>; Somehow read it as Lv.18 healing 8 HP, but plugged it into spreadsheet as Lv.8 and didn't see how I messed up... >_<

Sorry... â—€/bowâ–¶

- Mugaku

Comment

I need to check this out. Not saying you are wrong but I am pretty sure that I did a Healing Ruby at something like 83% TP and it still restored 33 HP.
                          He might have meant that you would get a bonus if you have 100%, 200%, ect. but generally when that is the case, it involves using that TP. Blue magic for example, some say the spell's damage is based on TP, but that only applies when using Chain Affinity. And thus when you use the spell, it uses up your TP.

But I'm pretty sure Healing Ruby doesn't work like that.

Edit: Actually, I see what he meant. When you use Healing Ruby, it uses up the avatar's TP.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
                            He might have meant that you would get a bonus if you have 100%, 200%, ect. but generally when that is the case, it involves using that TP. Blue magic for example, some say the spell's damage is based on TP, but that only applies when using Chain Affinity. And thus when you use the spell, it uses up your TP.

But I'm pretty sure Healing Ruby doesn't work like that.
                            http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Talk:Healing_Ruby

Someone reported:
                            Lv.28 (0TP) 42 HP
                            Lv.28 (300TP) 60 HP

Looks like TP may play a role.

- Mugaku

Comment

haha no worries Itazura. I didn't think to check the talk page on wiki so thanks for that one.

At the moment I am wondering if the TP bonus is tiered, especially seeing as how there are no results up on wiki for any values but 0% and 300%, particularly given what Silent Howler said about Blue.

Carbuncle doesn't usually live long enough to have over 100% TP when I am exping, he normally dies around 80-90% and I learned pretty fast not to try and use BPs when Carbuncle has a good chance of dying before the cast time is up ><, so it's possible I have never actually used healing Ruby when he's had more than 100% TP.

Still also possible the either I am misremembering or it's simpler than that, but I will try and find out in the morning ^^
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X