Summoner & Wings of the Goddess Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summoner & Wings of the Goddess Discussion

Well I don't remember if anyone else remembers any type of discussion about Summoners, but what will happen to Summoners in WotG?

Technically Summoning was a forbidden magic back then, and Fenrir was the only Avatar who saved the people of Windurst from a Advancing Beastmen attack. (unless, there was another story to tell of this... or people have just had their memories... forgotten...)

What will happen when we travel back in time? Will our Avatars disappear? Will they be replaced by others? (They are after all tied to the Protocrystals back in our own time.)

If anyone has anything to add, please do. If you remember more of the storyline please fill me in on it again, as I have forgotten.
    Hacked on 9/9/09
    FFXIAH - Omniblast

Re: Summoner & Wings of the Goddess Discussion

Here's the deal. You're a weak, puny mortal that kicked a god's ass. As a result of the pact they made with you to aid you, they have to do all you say. Even if it means going back in time before they made a pact with you to fight for you.

Its the way of things for SMN. You prove your power, avatars obey you. Rydia kicks Ashura's ass, Ashura has to obey her.

Comment

Hmm i dont think that a Time Travel would affect the SUmmons. Like BBQKitten said you have beaten the Primes and they gave you a shard of their power, since the Protocrystals already existed during the Crystal War it wont be a problem i think.

Besides it wouldnt make sense to send a Summoner back in time if it strips him of the only way to do anything. Since Altana is a Goddess i recon she is bright enough to realize this.

And Summoning is still forbidden, in fact it was forbidden after Fenrir and a big Portion of Mindarta nearly died due to Kara Baruna's (spelled wrong i guess) actions. Kara did "rediscover" the art of summoning back then.

But also keep in mind the ultimate Explanation for things happening during a Time Travel. "A Time Travel is already finished before you start it."
      FEAR THE POWER OF A SUMMONER

- everytime a SMN has to mainheal a Galka rapes a Moogle -

Comment

avartars after you beat them give you their power so you can do with them as you will, i really dont think time travel will make a little bit of difference to be honest.

although the idea of "new" avatars to defeat while in the past would be a great idea. maybe new look given to the avatars you already have. i dont know but i cant wait to find out
        Emeraldpearl

75 Summoner
        37 White Mage

75 Red Mage
        37 White Mage

Currently Leveling: WHM

Comment

I was starting to wonder if this could possibly open up something for Phoenix...

Comment

well I think the real question we should all be asking ourselves is: Can the PS2 handle it?

Comment

Windurst Plot Spoilers related to Summoning Magic

Also, one must also consider the concept of magic itself. It is not really something "invented" at all; you'll notice that many residents of Vana'diel refer to it being "discovered" somewhat (the only known exception to this so far is Blue Magic, which was invented somewhat by the Alchemists of Al Zahbi). This means that it existed before they knew about it, but it didn't necessarily lie there unable to function; they simply didn't know how to utilize it. Besides, it is mentioned that the Kuluu came up with their own magic at some point, and it was related closely, if not directly, to the avatars one way or another (I don't remember clearly, so I can't say). The first Star Sybil probably discovered what remained of their magic when she stumbled upon Full Moon Fountain that day long, long ago...but it probably took time to decipher this mysterious power's many secrets.

And who's to say we haven't discovered them all yet...?

(I could get deeper into this, but then this post would belong in a different forum. O.o)

Comment

I don't see how anyone who completed the ToAU storyline can think we'll be getting Alexander or Odin. Just their appearance(including fragments like Luzaf and someone else) is enough to evoke Ragonak. Though...

uh... I don't know how to spoiler? So uh....

[spoiler]There is an Astral Gate at the end.[/spoiler]
                Read my blog.
                ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
                  ...is enough to evoke Ragonak. ...
                  The eight Celestial Avatars have already appeared, as have all five of the Terrestrial Avatars. I doubt we'll be seeing more avatars. That doesn't mean there's a chance we'll get something new, however; I just don't think it'll happen, personally.

Comment

Hmm... It was called "The Crystal War", and those Crystals are connected to the Avatars... Maybe they were even more active back then, instead of just sleeping?

I know! Summoner only buffs in the expansion's zones! We'll have 50% off perpetuation cost, increased melee accuracy/damage for Avatars, and Zero Custom armor upgrades!

Yes, ARMOR UPGRADES for Carbuncle! Spiked collar and shoulder pads! Ifrit! Living Flame Cape! Titan! Smaller and brighter underwear! Garuda! Cloth!
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by HairdewX View Post
                      well I think the real question we should all be asking ourselves is: Can the PS2 handle it?
                      where the hell did that come from?? O.o prehaps reading the thread will make you reconsider your next post.... -.-

im thinking that this may be a good time to add pheonix, a new avatar that can only be used in the past and not the present. thus allowing extra buffs and healing abilities for the new expansion areas.
                      Emeraldpearl

75 Summoner
                      37 White Mage

75 Red Mage
                      37 White Mage

Currently Leveling: WHM

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                        Hmm... It was called "The Crystal War", and those Crystals are connected to the Avatars... Maybe they were even more active back then, instead of just sleeping?

I know! Summoner only buffs in the expansion's zones! We'll have 50% off perpetuation cost, increased melee accuracy/damage for Avatars, and Zero Custom armor upgrades!

Yes, ARMOR UPGRADES for Carbuncle! Spiked collar and shoulder pads! Ifrit! Living Flame Cape! Titan! Smaller and brighter underwear! Garuda! Cloth!
                        And Shiva in even more revealing bondage straps!

Crystal War I believe was more of a term for people born of the 5 Crystals fighting against the beast-men. A war for existence. That or people harnessing crystal/magicite power to gain an advantage. Such as the Shadow Lord making the pact through the magicite which could have been linked to Odin's shattered protocrystal.
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Maybe we'll luck out and go back in time before Phoenix lost her power?

The only thing is she's apparently from the Far East...
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

The avatars have not changed over time - except perhaps Fenrir and Phoenix, of course - so neither should our pacts. A summoner holds proof of a pact - even if they go back in time, it should still be there unless they, too, were affected by the warp.

Which I doubt.

Comment

"We sleep in a time that is neither an instant nor an eternity."

I don't think the avatars percieve time as a flow like we do.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Working...
                              X