Looking for a 'map'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 'map'

A while ago when I was doing lots of research on the Trail Size avatar quests, I stumbled upon a 'map' of the location where you fight the avatars. (It looked like it had been made in Paint.) I'm trying to find it again but can't remember where I saw it. Anyone know where I can find it?

Re: Looking for a 'map'

sent you a pm,

I hope it helps you

hugs Satori

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Nice site, but it doesn't have what I had in mind.

Comment

Isn't the place you fight them pretty much an "only one place to go" type deal? Why would you need a map?

Comment

Originally posted by Eohmer View Post
          Isn't the place you fight them pretty much an "only one place to go" type deal? Why would you need a map?
          Ya, don't you get teleported right to the protocrystal?
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
            Ya, don't you get teleported right to the protocrystal?
            That's what I thought. When I helped my gf get her avatars, I remember walk up the path a couple feet, and there was the avatar. :-P

Comment

I think I remember seeing the map you mentioned but I can't remember where so in lieu of that:

The place with the avatar in is pretty much just a long strip of rock with a sharp bend in it and two small roundish areas at each end: you start in one, the avatar is in the other.

If you want the map for knowing exactly where to stop and do your buffs and eat your food, I just stopped and did all that at 'the bend', worked fine. I had carby out a bit longer but, even given that I let him melee the avatars down about 15% before 2 houring, I have been easily over the 40mp floor each time I have gone for the first searing light.

Hope that helps some, If not try looking for a video on youtube? I watched one before I did my first one to get a general idea of where to stop and buff and what the place looked like, definitely helped.
              sigpic
              Signature courtesy of Selphiie the Enchantress

Comment

I'm not looking for a map so I know where I need to go. If fact quite the opposite of what you guys are thinking. I've started writing a guide for other people to use, but a map of some kind would be really useful for reference. That's why I asked.

Comment

OK then... I don't get it.

There is only ONE way to go, so why the need of a map?

Comment

he wants to use it as a point of reference for his guide. So he can say "right you go stand over there" so people who have never stepped foot in there have some idea of what to expect.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Exactly. In fact I already have things written like "move up to point B on the map" to make life easier for anyone who reads it.

Comment

Make your own map. Then you don't have to take the risk of someone getting mad at you for using the map they made.

Comment

I wasn't planning on using the exact same map, but just as something I can use for reference to make my own version, to make sure it's accurate. Personally, I can be a little picky about these things and simple saying "the crystal, the bend, and the nest" is not good enough for me. I don't want someone to screw up like I did the last time I fought and start buffing up too close to the avatar, but not too far that it wears off by the time you get there.

But Satori offered some help earlier, but I've been a little distracted lately and also probably won't finalize the guide until I test it out myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X