Blood Pacts and TP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Pacts and TP

Quick question, would like some clarification. What's the relationship between an avatar's blood pacts and TP?

Re: Blood Pacts and TP

Most magical blood pacts will use up an Avatar's TP when used, and gain bonuses at specific levels much like players do for WS (100/200/300).

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Blood_Pact
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Okay now more questions. Do avatars gain TP like we do? Can you still use those certain blood pacts with 0TP? What happens when you unsummon? Do you lose any TP gained?

Comment

1> Yes
        2> Yes
        3> They lose the TP
        4> No, *you* don't (your TP is seperate from the TP gained by your Avatar).

One last thing: Don't melee in exp. All that'll accomplish is make the party mad at you as you hit for little to no damage (if you even hit at all), while giving the monster even more TP with which to spam even more TP moves (I know, I know, in the grand scheme of things and all...). Melee on your own time, essentially (although, for Summoner solo, I'm fairly certain very few melee there too, even. It's more of a hit-and-run thing, except with Avatars instead).

One *other* last thing: Shouldn't this be in the Summoner forums?

Comment

Avatars gain 8 TP per hit (and give the mob 10)

Physical Blood Pacts never use TP, and having no TP when you use a magical
          blood pact just means you won't get any bonuses. Avatars also lose TP when they're not engaged with a mob, and obviously if you unsummon (or it dies) all TP for that avatar is lost.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
            4> No, *you* don't (your TP is seperate from the TP gained by your Avatar).
            I worded that one wrong. I didn't mean the SMN, I meant the avatar.

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
            One *other* last thing: Shouldn't this be in the Summoner forums?
            It could go either way, I suppose. I wouldn't say it should be in the Summoner forum. But anyways, thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Avatars gain 8 TP per hit (and give the mob 10)

Physical Blood Pacts never use TP, and having no TP when you use a magical
            blood pact just means you won't get any bonuses. Avatars also lose TP when they're not engaged with a mob, and obviously if you unsummon (or it dies) all TP for that avatar is lost.
            Hm, do physical blood pacts ever give more TP or is it always just 8?

Comment

It depends on if it's multi-hit or not. And to be honest I don't know if multi hit blood pacts are subject to the same TP restrictions as weapon skills (1st hit gives full TP then 1 TP for every hit thereafter)

Shiva's lv 70 BP Rush is a 5-hitter, so that would either get her a maximum of 12 or 40 TP. Can any 70+ SMN's confirm which it is?
              sigpic

Comment

Not too many 70+ SMNs around here...

Another question came to mind. What about when the avatar is damaged by an enemies attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Howler View Post
                  Not too many 70+ SMNs around here...
                  Another question came to mind. What about when the avatar is damaged by an enemies attack?
                  They still get TP, just like we do. Avatars have the same basic TP properties as players, only that their TP only affects their magical BPs (Nuke IVs, Meteorite, Healing Ruby I/II, Spring Water, Merit BPs, stuff like that).
                  RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                  Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                  Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                  Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                  Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

Working...
                  X