Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMN in PT

Hi guys,

This may have been touched upon in a few posts, but i have to ask, do SMN get many party invites? i sometimes struggle as my BLM to get a PT but i cant make my mind up what setplace a summoner would fall into, i.e. DD/Support/Main or backup healer, so i'm a little unsure as how successful party seeking will be.

cheers folks
    The Lord Odin Giveth and the Lord Odin WILL taketh away!

Re: SMN in PT

It depends...Summoner is a wierd job that alot of players have no idea what exactly to do with it. Usually we get invited as a healer due to the lack of White mages and that's a pretty hard line to get invited on sometimes...
    Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
    (have fun MMO players ^^)
    Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

i guess getting a PT just because i can heal aint so bad, i just look forward to the PTs with a good white mage so i can use my BPs properly.
      Last edited by Cecilisimo; 07-20-2007, 07:50 AM.
      The Lord Odin Giveth and the Lord Odin WILL taketh away!

Comment

Originally posted by Cecilisimo View Post
        Hi guys,

This may have been touched upon in a few posts, but i have to ask, do SMN get many party invites? i sometimes struggle as my BLM to get a PT but i cant make my mind up what setplace a summoner would fall into, i.e. DD/Support/Main or backup healer, so i'm a little unsure as how successful party seeking will be.

cheers folks
        My SMN is currently 35, and so far most of the times I have been invited to pt's is to main heal. Sometimes I am asked only to back-up heal if the WHM is an MP waster.

There are a few times that we actually had a good WHM and I got to use my avatars, and I turn into a support/DD. (I love those pt's and try to stay there as long as possible) Using the right wards at the right time is a big help, and I have found that my pt's have been able to get higher exp chains when I am allowed to use my blood pacts properly as opposed to main healing. (and even in these pt's I am sometimes forced to main heal while the WHM regens MP) One thing about the job I like is how much you have to pay attention to the fight details. It really keeps a player on their toes. Constantly keeping buffs up, keeping track of BP timers, elemental weaknesses of mobs, management of pet TP, managing your own MP, and keeping track of MP of main healers to step in and back-up heal if necessary.

Actually finding a pt... it might be the same as your BLM or even worse. Sometimes I can get a pt in a few min, but most of the time I am waiting a while... I have found that I do get more frequent invites the later I play because the WHM's have all gone to sleep (11 pm Pacific Standard Time and later)

Comment

When getting asked for PT, expect to be main healer. Even though the person won't say it up front. And honestly, later one, there's no real big problem being main healer and letting off a few BPs. I do it all the time, just keep an eye on your mp and the tanks hp.
          Quetzacoatl:

Comment

Working...
          X