How does a Summoner make $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does a Summoner make $$$

So anyway, I just hit 38 and bought almost all of my level 40 gear. I went in with about 300k, and now I have 6k. I honestly cannot think of any efficient ways to make money. Any ideas? Summoner seems like such an awkward job to have to go out and generate money, unlike other jobs that don't use pets (besides BST). I've been away from the game for quite a while, and I can't remember exactly how I got that 300k in the first place (I think I sold a few quested scrolls).

Re: How does a Summoner make $$$

um.... farm beehive chips and silk around Windurst. That's pretty much what I do to make my money. But since the price of them is so low now I just teleport people in Jeuno.
    I've heard you can also fish moat carp for a decent income, and then someone said fish in Raboa for something, but I can't remember.
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

There are quite a few BCNM that SMN excel at, I've found, Shooting Fish being the only one I have experience with. You could also try farming, or, if you've leveled your WHM up at all, go for teleporting.

Comment

At those levels I was still farming for my gil, usually beehive chips as has been mentioned, and silk thread. It was also about the time i started leveling a craft, so I was taking time that usually I would have used to level and farmed more then I needed to raise gil for crafting.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Cooking and selling surplus foods (cookies, pies, JUICES) are awesome. I don't sell anything below Pineapple Juice though. PJ tends to sell fairly well.
          sigpic

Comment

Most of the time a player drops a item that they can not sale in the AH or while bazaaring. I have started NPCing most of the drops I get while exping may not be great gil but it is fast gil. Some is better than none. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Shinoe View Post
              Cooking and selling surplus foods (cookies, pies, JUICES) are awesome. I don't sell anything below Pineapple Juice though. PJ tends to sell fairly well.
              I can't remember the name of the shop as i have not been on now for a few months...but in Upper Jeuno, if you leave the MH and go straight, all the way to the end as if exiting to batallia downs, before the gate on the left hand side is a little store. Only certain people are allowed in on certain days (Elvaan on one day, Human Dragoons, Female Ninjas, Taru Summoners, etc). activate the door and it will tell you what day it is. You can also go online and check out the Mithra Pride timer or other Vana'diel timers and they'll list the next 10 "days" of people that can get in. Once you get in the first time, you get a key item from the bartender that tells you who can enter, whenever you zone into Upper Jeuno. So whenever you're in jeuno, just go up the stairs from lower and check out who's day it is.

the reason i say this, is that you can buy Pineapple Juice for 400gil a piece, and sell for 1000 during the weekend and on holidays, etc, on the AH or in trade. I wouldn't set up shop outside the store, as poeple will guess where you got the goods from. But for something that doesnt take a big investment, it'll double how much you spend if you sell for 1k Each. You can set up shop outside jeuno for no tax, and periodiclally zone back in with a macro tellnig people that "Big Mike's Juice Shop is open for business in batallia!" etc.

good luck!
              sigpic

Comment

Summoner money making..

Low Level:
                Fishing + BCNMing.
                Shooting Fish and the Pirates Chart BCNM (if I remember correctly) are an excellent source of income for low level Smns.

Mid Level:
                More BCNM + Assault.
                Things like Dropping Like Flies Smn's are very desirable for.
                One assault that you can effectively solo... Lebros Cavern I think, but I don't remember off the top of my head. You open chests and run away if it's a mimic.

High Level:
                NM killing, lots that Smn's can solo with ease that others have to team up on.
                Selling Bomb Queen pop items.
                More BCNMs/Assault/ISNMs.

Summoner being a major DD - will get invites to a lot of money making content. Farming isn't an ideal option other than fishing... and as you can solo a *lot* of things, you will have a glut of seals - both Beastman/Kindred later on.

Peace.

Comment

i think its already been mentioned but Moat Carp is a good income, especially if you can make your own insect pastes. You can use worms but i find i get a higher chance of pulling in crayfish, which dont sell as well or for as much on Bismarck (crayfish = approx. 1k per stack, Moat Carp = approx. 3k per stack)
                  The Lord Odin Giveth and the Lord Odin WILL taketh away!

Comment

Originally posted by Cecilisimo View Post
                    i think its already been mentioned but Moat Carp is a good income, especially if you can make your own insect pastes. You can use worms but i find i get a higher chance of pulling in crayfish, which dont sell as well or for as much on Bismarck (crayfish = approx. 1k per stack, Moat Carp = approx. 3k per stack)
                    *sigh* I remember the days when Moat Carp was 10k a stack. I used to farm them to the limit (like 180k a day?). Then there was ONE person who dropped it to 9k and then that's when things went crazy with Moat Carp prices. I think it's like 3k-4k on Asura.

Also, I'm surprised ppl are still posting on this thread since the date of when it started was February. I'M even surprised I'm posting here. Though, I will not fault anyone for that.
                    Last edited by Rain_Blade; 09-18-2007, 06:27 PM.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

There's a bcnm solo guide for that one mentioned, shooting fish here .

Comment

What about going back to hunting leeches? On my server, the last time I checked a single vial of bird blood sold for about 300 gil, where are silk sold for about 200. I know leeches (at least in Buburimu Peninsula) also drop fiend blood, but I'm not sure about the price for those. I'm assuming it's about the same though.

(Oh and those prices are store prices, not AH.)

Comment

AH price for a stack of bird blood is a LOT more...

Comment

I know the post is a little old...
                            but i'm 52 still (i left ...again...and came back 8 months later).
                            Free carby and /nin dual wielding high dmg wands = win for farming. just stoneskin yourself rather than utsusem ;p
                            sigpic

Comment

I've been tele-whoring, which makes quite a bit of gil if you have the patience...

Comment

Working...
                              X