Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astral Flow changed? I didn't get the memo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral Flow changed? I didn't get the memo.....

Been fiddling around with 2hour lately and I noticed something very strange.

Astral Flow damage has been scaled down now or something with your level.

I noticed that when I used it around LV5 and such, it was doing like.... 62 dmg. I used it later in the dunes, now being LV16, and it did like 79 dmg.

I'm a little worried because I want to do the Avatar Battles @LV20 and if I remember correctly, at LV20, you were able to do like 300-500 damage with Carbuncle and a shot of Searing Light. So, in those battles, you wore down the Avatar to like 60% and shot him 3 times, bam you got an avatar.

Will I still be able to do that now? I'm only LV16, but ... >.> I do not want to run back and forth making Carby melee because that's scary and I'm scared of those LV20 battles lol.

Did something change????

Re: Astral Flow changed? I didn't get the memo.....

My husband and I finished the solo mini-trial avatar fights just last week.
    Both of our Carbuncles did 210 Searing Light damage (when not resisted).

I don't think you need to worry. Good luck!
    They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think 210 is a constant, for every one of the battles, thats how much I did (unless there were some unwanted day effects involved

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

Oh sweet.... thanks for the info guys. That's a relief!~

I was just going to be really annoyed if I did those battles again and had to have Carby melee the entire time.

I mean, I would do it.... but..... T_T /cry lol

Thanks again for the quick responses!

Comment

The avatar battles are very easy to complete. Just go to the crack and do yagudo and cast carby. let the avatar come to you cause it will aggro when u cast carby at the crack, then Astral Flow then Searing light run to the crystal. Ether then carby. Then let carby run to the tar and wait til the counter goes to 0 then cast Searing Light. Then go to the crack again. And ether and hi-potion then cast Searing Light and bam Avatar. Your new one. Heres my records cause I never got this stredgy til the last 2 fights.

1-3 Shiva
          1-2 Ifrit
          1-3 Ramuh
          1-0 Garuda
          1-0 Titan
          0-0 Leviathan

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
          Final Fantasy 7

Comment

Were you fighting multiple enemies at the same time when it was doing low damage? I'm not really sure if the same rules apply to astral flow that apply to -ga spells, because I truthfully haven't done a lot of field testing with astral flow. But I wonder if more enemies scales down the damage like -ga spells do.
            召75|吟75|黒75|赤75|戦72|白60|獣40|忍37| 暗37|シ37|ナ32|侍30|モ30|竜21|青14||か8| 狩7|コ7
            San D'oria: Rank 10 | Windurst: Rank 10 | Bastok: Rank 10 | Cooking: 97 | Zilart - Completed | CoP - Completed

Comment

Working...
            X