carby ruby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carby ruby

i have kill over 300 mobs in 3 hrs an still havent goten it can some 1 plz help me get this item for quest im in the server Fenrir

plz help

p.s can any 1 tell me the drop rate for it
    hey every one

dont make a whm mad he'll sit back and watch you die

Re: carby ruby

I wish I could kill 100 mobs an hour.

Anyway, the drop rate is pretty low. I can't find any statistics anywhere, but I can tell you that Treasure Hunter (if you have THF leveled to 15) will help you out a lot. Where are you hunting leeches at? Some areas seem to have a higher droprate than others, but honestly that's probably just wishful thinking on the part of people trying to get that Ruby.

It's really just luck based. Some get it on their first kill, some get one after several hundred kills. But seriously - treasure hunter is where it's at for helping your drop rate to increase.

Comment

im trying to get it from poision leeachs does that make any difference
      hey every one

dont make a whm mad he'll sit back and watch you die

Comment

I got my Carbuncle Ruby just outside Mhaura, there are a dozen leaches on the beach there and should be of little trouble to kill I would recomend taking Thf along though as it can increase the chance of you obtaining it.

Just a note though becareful if you do go on the beach as Bogeys tend to spring up once the sun goes down...

They key to obtaining it though is patience ^^

Comment

Originally posted by trevorevor=1
          im trying to get it from poision leeachs does that make any difference
          That's where I (and many others) got mine. I got it as a BLM/WHM, so no treasure hunter. I just killed and killed until the Ruby dropped.

So, it's possible to get it even without THF or /THF, but that will make things easier for you.

Comment

without /thf15 for treasure hunter, it is pretty darn annoying. I too did the poison leeches in Bubu, but it was more like 1/20 for me. 300 and no drop, are you sure you are fighting the right thing?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

If you're in the leech room in Maze of Shakhrami, I did my hunting there as well. I trained up the whole room and killed them with -ga spells and Cyclone as rdm/thf. I killed hundreds and hundreds without getting a ruby. I got frustrated and moved out to Buburimu and got one in 20-30 kills.
              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I killed the leaches in Qufim, but considering I was only a 38 Drg at the time, I didn't know many other areas. Took about 5 hours total to farm the ruby, it has an extremely low drop-rate, and like the other's said, go /Thf if possible for Treasure Hunter.

Comment

Something you might consider is that training mobs and killing them en masse with AoEs is rumored to kill drop rates. My experiences certainly seem to support this.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Way back when I got my ruby (about a year or so ago), the Maze leeches dropped it pretty quickly. Then again, my Entire LS turned out for the event because they were bored. Try grabbing some friends and make a field trip out of it. And turn your sound up because nothing sounds funnier then an army of leeches chasing people around.

Bubu Penn. also gave me a good drop rate when I went out to help a friend get the ruby. We both subbed /THF which probably helped a bit as well. Just don't get discouraged and you'll soon have your ruby.

Comment

Originally posted by Asir
                      Way back when I got my ruby (about a year or so ago), the Maze leeches dropped it pretty quickly. Then again, my Entire LS turned out for the event because they were bored. Try grabbing some friends and make a field trip out of it. And turn your sound up because nothing sounds funnier then an army of leeches chasing people around.

Bubu Penn. also gave me a good drop rate when I went out to help a friend get the ruby. We both subbed /THF which probably helped a bit as well. Just don't get discouraged and you'll soon have your ruby.
                      I agree. Buburimu Penn. does give a good drop rate. I got mine in less than an hour. Fight the leaches on the FAR eastern shore. There are more there.

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Comment

I was running around with a 75 THF friend of mine (I think he was about 65~ at the time) and I saw all the leeches in Bubu Penn. I was very interested in unlocking SMN, so I asked him if he wouldn't mind getting one for me. Only took me about 8~ kills there with THII.
                        RDM 75 - SMN 72 - WHM 37 - BLM 37 - DRK 37 -
                        Bastok Rank 10 Completed
                        Rise of the Zilart 16 "The Celestial Nexus"
                        Chains of Promathia 8 - 1 "Garden of Antiquity"
                        Treasures of Aht Urghan 13 "Lost Kingdom"

Comment

I had an entire alliance, with multiple 45+THFs in buburimu in Shakrami AND buburimu, killing them as soon as they spawned. Took EVERYONE'S CONBINED EFFORTS over 4 hours to get two rubies.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorevor=1
                            i have kill over 300 mobs in 3 hrs an still havent goten it can some 1 plz help me get this item for quest im in the server Fenrir
                            Wow, that's pretty extreme.

When I unlocked SMN awhile back -- a MNK friend and I spent two days offing leeches -- probably 4.5-5 RL hours total. Each of us took a beach at Buburimu and wen to work on leeches as fast as we could. It wasn't until the end of the second session, right before I had to log off that we finally got a drop -- and a couple of leeches later, we got the second one.

Anytime anyone in my LS has gone to unlock this job, I always go and help if I can. I don't wish the mind numbing, soul destroying boredom this quest can inflict on any player.. (Okay, there's a couple, but that's a different story... )

Alternatively (and to underscore what others have said), everytime I've managed to talk a Thief with TH-II to help us out, getting the ruby from Buburimu has been 5-10 minute breeze.

signature by fallenintoshadows

Comment

what lv would be a good lv to try to start this quest? How high of a lv would I have to be to solo these leeches and how high would I have to be, and with how many people would it take to get the summons all together? Well, at least a couple like ramuh, shiva, and fenrir? I am currently a 25rdm/12blm, so I know I still have a bit to go before I can start the quest, but I would just like to know ahead of time. Thanks in advance.
                              Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X