Stop telling SMN's what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop telling SMN's what to do

This is a message to all players who tell SMN's how to do their jobs in PT's, unless you are a higher lvled smn than the one in your pt (and im taling like 10-15 lvls not 1 or 2 lvlshigher) please do your job and see if you are doing yours right. It hasnt happend alot but its 3 parties now that have told me no u have to leave your avatar out and let him fight...that drains my mp, i do the BP and release unless its Carbuncle, another thing...people please listen, if smns really wanted to main heal, WE WOULD BE WHM'S!!!!!!!!!! the only way most smns should heal if their is a rdm, cor, or brd in the pt to refresh us. SMN's hold in way too much power to be degrated to a whm (no offense whm's i love yall too). in a pt (50-52) some thf whoes smn was lvl 7...SEVEN...was trying to tell me that i should STOP summoning and help heal....when we had a whm that was doing perfectly fine...i call that person a noob...wait, a S.I.R...stands for Stupid Ignorant Retard lol. so again, unless u HAVE smn at least 10-15 lvls higher then the smn in ur pt dso not tell us what to do and learn to do ur own freaking job...THANK YOU
    Last edited by Diemond:Fenrir; 06-08-2006, 09:34 AM.
    To be Forgotten is worse than Death...

Re: Stop telling SMN's what to do

So, if I'm a level 65 SMN, I can tell you what to do? Actually, I'll be honest, I could barely read this. I'm sorry people are bossing you around, but really, there are many different ways to play SMN, and many of those are determined by what the party needs from you. If you don't want to heal, don't join a party that is inviting you to heal. You don't want your summons to melee? Don't join a party that is going to expect that.

Comment

Wow, such animosity.

Let me try to address this without offending you or anyone else for that matter.

One does not need to have a job leveled above you in order to understand completely how that job functions. Do you honestly believe that someone such as myself, with 2 jobs at 75, has no clue how a SMN should work in an EXP situation? I've probably spent more time with SMNs in EXP than you have spent playing the game.

Also, on the "SMN is not a WHM, I don't need to heal" rant: did you inform your pt leader before accepting the invite that you would refuse to main/support heal? If you didn't then the blame for your displeasure in that party rests with you alone.
      Sky:O Sea:O Koga: 3/5 Melee: 1/5
      http://manapool-ls.com - Bahamut Endgame LS

Comment

I always get a kick out of me telling a SMN what to do when they're sucking, then them saying "ur not a smn so stfu". I wish I could see their faces when I change jobs.

Originally posted by capitalistnihilist
        One does not need to have a job leveled above you in order to understand completely how that job functions. Do you honestly believe that someone such as myself, with 2 jobs at 75, has no clue how a SMN should work in an EXP situation? I've probably spent more time with SMNs in EXP than you have spent playing the game.

Also, on the "SMN is not a WHM, I don't need to heal" rant: did you inform your pt leader before accepting the invite that you would refuse to main/support heal? If you didn't then the blame for your displeasure in that party rests with you alone.
        Well said.
        Generic Info!

Comment

At least now I know about one more person who I wont invite to an xp party... S.I.R. is a good description indeed.

Edit> Yep I'm talking about the OP
          Last edited by Raydeus; 06-08-2006, 09:45 AM.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

im not trying to be mean about its just people who arent in ur same positions who havent known the smn job that well try to tell others how to do their jobs when they r sucking at their own, and its never the pt leader telling me how to do it its just some other random person in the pt, if it were the pt leader i wouldnt argue about cause hey, they r the leaders, whatever they decide goes, but most pt leaders my lvls arent that ignorant ^^, and yea if u have a jobs alot ghigher than mines that isnt smn but like 1 or more jobs at 75 than i would take ur advice, im talking about stuck up rudeness in pts and ordering others what to do when they arent even the party leaders

Comment

I sent a suggestion to SE about avatar's having "auras", or permanent buffs while they're out. The auras would be slightly weaker than the buffs they can use as BPs, and the BPs themselves would increase the power of the buff above what it currently is. I guess they didn't get it...

I always thought that BP buffs should be much stronger than their spell/ability counterparts. These are astral and terrestrial avatars we're talking about here, something you had to fight for, they shouldn't be so watered down.

Comment

what iw ish they would add is like heavenly strike and all the other special attacks u see in the prime fights, those would kick ass for like lvl 75 BP's

Comment

There is no exact way to play the SMN job. It is an all around job and the only time when someone should be telling you what to do is when you are not helping the party with your actions. Like if your tank is taking to much damage, or just got hit with a nasty move that nearly killed them, also curing after an AoE is a good idea.

This being said SMN is not the worlds best main healer, but we can do a rather good job at support and when conditions are right we make just as good if not better main healers as a WHM. (I am talking about nin tank and Refresher not PLD and no one else to help heal... Oh the many CURE 3's) So if you wanna maximize your party abilites try to learn to multi-task.

Please do not take this as an attack on you, it isn't meant to be. It is just that there are reasonable times when someone who has neve played the job can correct your actions.

Oh and you need to have played a job to know how it works, but to offer advice takes no expirence.

Comment

Originally posted by Diemond:Fenrir
                    what iw ish they would add is like heavenly strike and all the other special attacks u see in the prime fights, those would kick ass for like lvl 75 BP's
                    Aren't SMN powerful enough at that point? I think the main complaint a lot of folks have is that in the lower levels they don't feel that they have as much to offer.

Comment

to the OP: just a question? you don't want to main heal, you don't want to leave your avatar out to melee, are you just bloodpacting then? that seems an awful waste of a party spot to me. The fact is most people don't know what they are inviting a smn for in the first place (and outside of those i'm not sure myself) and with this little rant you aren't helping things.

Don't get me wrong i'm not going to dictate to you what to do, and i don't mean to come off as harsh, but what might be more productive than ranting at people about what you don't want to do, is to explain what you do want to do, explain why it's in my interest to invite you to do what ever that is, and next time i might invite a smn to do that rather than just looking at them when there is no whm seeking.
                      Kylestie was defeated by Curiosity.

Comment

its not the fact that they tell me i dont mind that at all, its the fact is that most people are very rude and pissy about it, thats the part the makes me mad, i do BP's and i dont leave my avatar out cause it wastes mp that i could use to help the whm heal, and if i am main healing ill still bring an avatar out every now and then, sometimes smns r even used to pull cause of the fear of link and aggro others, smns r great for pulling near mobs that aggro sound because they can still tell carby to assault and release and run back with sneak still on...i agree with u that smn is a very versatile job, and it is, we can DD,main/sub heal, pull, and we r GREAT for pling only cause of our massive mp...this is not mainly a rant its just a pt before writing this really pissed me off, and the pt leader kicked the other guy for telling me what to do and never landing SATA, this is mainly a thread to those who DONT know, and i mean have NO CLUE, of how smn works and what our abilities are, to just lay off and let us work, if ur alive and we r doing perfectly fine, i dont see much reason to complain.

Comment

I wont add much about what A smn can do in PT situation except to say /sea tazirai .. fo rhow I feel about this ^^.
                          It's Official Promathia Hates me....
                          それは公式である,プロマシア は私を憎む。
                          Trielは博雅なる大召喚士
                          A Summoners Journey (The Live Journal) >>>> A Summoners Journey the Movie

BecomingThe Movie: The tale of the Journey of a Blue Mage

Comment

lol tai me and u arent on the same smn, mind messaging me what u think through here???

Comment

I believe she's referring to the fact that she's currently leveling BLU.

Comment

Working...
                              X